• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone Waiting for their Final Select?

LegoNavy

I was wondering if there is anyone else out there waiting for their final selection letter after getting their Pro-rec for the CEC. I got pro-rec'ed back in May, and my recruiter keeps telling me the program manager hasn't gotten me an OCS class date yet, and I just wanted to see if anyone was in the same boat.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Not quite in your same boat as I was a CEC DCO, but I will say that I got my pro-rec at the very end of May and my COMDOCs came in at the end of July/beginning of August. I had already completed MEPS and had a Secrete clearance for my civilian job. I would imagine that with the shake ups in the CEC/Seabee communities along with the government shutdown that FS letters are a bit slow coming out. When did you complete MEPS/submit your SF86?

As much as it sucks, patience is a virtue.

Edit: Remember that right after OCS you need to attend CECOS at Port Hueneme. Right now there are only 2 classes a year. The next one is starting 27JAN followed by one on 7JULY. I would hazard a guess that in order to keep the pipeline streamlined you will get orders to OCS in time to make one of the classes pretty close to your OCS graduation date. So, if you haven't gotten your FS yet, you might have a couple months left to wait so you could start in March and roll right into CECOS. This is, of course, pure conjecture on my end. It seems logical though which likely means it is completely incorrect!

Last edited:

LegoNavy

Not quite in your same boat as I was a CEC DCO, but I will say that I got my pro-rec at the very end of May and my COMDOCs came in at the end of July/beginning of August. I had already completed MEPS and had a Secrete clearance for my civilian job. I would imagine that with the shake ups in the CEC/Seabee communities along with the government shutdown that FS letters are a bit slow coming out. When did you complete MEPS/submit your SF86?

As much as it sucks, patience is a virtue.

I did MEPS in June and my recruiter said I was physically qualified in early July. I did my SF86 with my application that I submitted. I don't have a secret clearance, and I don't know if they are doing my background check yet or not. Like you said, I just need to be patient.

On the other hand, though, is there anyone else out there in my boat? It would be nice to see anyone else who is waiting to join the CEC community with me!

Dmitriy

I think I'm a few steps behind you guys. My package was submitted for the August 6 pro-rec board and I've heard nothing since. My recruiter told me a few weeks ago that the board is still in session. The wait is killing me haha!

LegoNavy

My boss mentioned to me that there have been "inquiries" about me. I'm taking that to mean the wheels are turning

Hey Dmitriy, if there is something I learned during this process, is that patience is definitely a good virtue to have. I was lucky that I heard from my board a few weeks after it met. I actually also just got my FINSEL, and will be going to OCS on Dec. 8th. If you get lucky and everything processes quickly, maybe I'll be seeing you there! Good luck with everything, and from my personal experience, stay patient!

Dmitriy

Hey Dmitriy, if there is something I learned during this process, is that patience is definitely a good virtue to have. I was lucky that I heard from my board a few weeks after it met. I actually also just got my FINSEL, and will be going to OCS on Dec. 8th. If you get lucky and everything processes quickly, maybe I'll be seeing you there! Good luck with everything, and from my personal experience, stay patient!
Hey congrats! I got pro-reced earlier this week, but I doubt I'll be making it to the December class. I still got to do MEPS (tomorrow 0600) and from what I understand after that there are still a couple of rounds of paper work to go through. So I think I'm looking at OCS sometime in the first third of 2014. Quietly hoping for the standard snail pace with this stuff so I get an OCS date in May and get a chance to wrap things up here in the Burgh.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Quietly hoping for the standard snail pace with this stuff so I get an OCS date in May and get a chance to wrap things up here in the Burgh.
All well and good; however, highly recommend you accept your OCS date when offered/assigned, even if sooner than you like. Some applicants have found to their great dismay, that the slot previously offered, was no longer available by the time they were!:(
BzB

LegoNavy

Continuing on BusyBee's comment, I also wouldn't try and predict/plan for your OCS date by looking at the CECOS training time.... I ended up with an 8 DEC date, which could leave me with potentially a few months between OCS and CECOS.

Dmitriy

All well and good; however, highly recommend you accept your OCS date when offered/assigned, even if sooner than you like. Some applicants have found to their great dismay, that the slot previously offered, was no longer available by the time they were!:(
BzB

Yeah its more about the general trend that I'm seeing in the processing speed. I had MEPS yesterday and though they told me I'm all fit and good I have to get xrays and ortho consultation because of a broken arm in 8th grade. They said they'd schedule that for the end of this month. So it won't be until December until I clear medical at the earliest and then there's still the N3M and FINSEL to wait for after medical goes through. In general, if LegoNevy's timeline is any indication I still have some waiting to do. Of course I'll be taking on the first OCS date I'm offered, it just seems that it will be a little while before that happens.

Dmitriy

Hey do you guys know if results of the boards get posted publically somewhere? I'm just curious if the information about how many people were picked up and such is available to the general public or if it is only known to the ORs and such.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Not sure if the board results are posted anywhere. I sincerely doubt it. I will say that each month the CEC community sends out a newsletter.(side note, it is a pretty interesting read most months!) They did list those selected at DCO boards in either the June or July newsletter. No word was given on how many applicants there were or anything like that. This is also a relatively internal communication so it is unlikely if they won't share it within the community that they would share that information outside the community.

LegoNavy

Hey do you guys know if results of the boards get posted publically somewhere? I'm just curious if the information about how many people were picked up and such is available to the general public or if it is only known to the ORs and such.

Hey Dmitriy, I was only able to hear my result from my OR. Have you checked with your OR that the board you sent your package to actually met?

Dmitriy

Hey Dmitriy, I was only able to hear my result from my OR. Have you checked with your OR that the board you sent your package to actually met?
Oh I got the big fat Y a few weeks back! I was more just curious about who else got picked up, how many of us there are.