• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I the only one?

phrogpilot73

All this talk about USNA recently has made me think, am I the only one?

Probably about once every 8-9 months, I wake up from a vivid dream where I'm headed off to Chauvenet, Michelson, Rickover, Maury or Sampson... Wearing WWBs. Fearing the exam that I have coming up.

No shit, I wake up in a cold sweat.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have the USNA dream about once every couple of months. Usually it's someone telling me I have to start all over and report in for I-Day.

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None
I've had the "do it all over again" dream as well. Less frequently - maybe once a year. It's not a fun one.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Any of you ever figure out lucid dreaming? That could put a fun twist on these psychological issues of yours. :D

(... I'm not an Academy guy.)

BUDU

I'm not an Academy guy, but I have a recurring college dream. It's the end of the semester and I realize that I had forgotten to go to one class (usually English/Literature). All semester.

I've had that dream. Fucking terrifying. Especially the first time I had it--about two weeks before I graduated college. I was convinced I was going to fail, not graduate, get kicked out of BDCP, and do my two years scrubbing decks.

Renegade One

None
The recurring dream about "it's finals week in college...and I haven't been to this class all year...here I am walking around [fill in your favorite college building] and I know that EVERYONE HERE EXCEPT ME is ready and prepared...oh, FML!" is apparently quite common. I have no idea why. All I can tell you is that it fades over time. To be replaced by ridiculously inappropriate dreams about Olivia Wilde. Again...I have no idea why. But I'm digging Phase II. [Pop culture reference: any scene containing OW in The Change Up]

rreagan3

VP-NESS
None
Mine started firstie year, I woke up convinced I had never been to my 2nd semester of Weapons or something like that. I had to check my schedule twice to bring myself back to reality.

...All I can tell you is that it fades over time. To be replaced by ridiculously inappropriate dreams about Olivia Wilde. Again...I have no idea why. But I'm digging Phase II. [Pop culture reference: any scene containing OW in The Change Up]

I can't wait for Phase II.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'm not an Academy guy, but I have a recurring college dream. It's the end of the semester and I realize that I had forgotten to go to one class (usually English/Literature). All semester.
Not a dream.....two weeks before the end of my last semester in college, my advisor came up to me and said "we have a problem". It seems everyone in the system f'ed up and didn't realize I was one credit hour short of the requirements. I had the right number of classes, just not the right number of credits. Luckily besides being the Chairman of the Computer Science Department he was also an Assistant Dean for the College of Science. He added a one hour independent study course to my schedule, gave me a BS assignment that took an evening to accomplish and bought me a beer while he "graded it". so it worked out but I've had a few nightmares about it.

BackOrdered

Contributor

And let me guess, you have a mid-term test the same day, it is too late to withdraw or get an incomplete on your transcript to save grace AND it is in a hard math/science so cramming is out of the question. You have to basically go to the class and self-destruct your GPA for a 1.0 if you are luck. (I'll throw BDCP in the mix too in my case, so the non-designated Striker daggar is dangling as well)

I have the same dream at least once a season.