• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Traffic Control Officer

kb2012

Hey guys,

Just completed the 15 mile hike and got our MOS's here at TBS and I got Air Traffic Control. I'm pretty excited for the job and I'm very glad I got it. I had some questions for you guys though. I can't find any of this information online (and trust me, I've been looking).

How long is ATC school? I read on usmcofficer.com that it's 16 weeks long, but that information is dated and nobody really runs that website anymore from what I can tell.

Assuming it is 16 weeks, I won't be able to PCS and bring my wife with me, right?

Are there any follow-on schools or intro schools (similar to API for pilots)?

Finally, does anyone know when the next classes convene? I've looked on the official MATSG website, and there is absolutely no information there.

Thanks for the help guys. I look forward to joining the ATC community and probably working with a few of y'all.

Renegade One

None
Take a look at this PDF of a paper on the subject: www.dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA519217

Much may have changed, but it looks like your 16 week school (Pensacola?) will be followed by a 6 month assignment at a MCAS to learn the MOS basic skill sets. Looks like a pretty diverse MOS opportunity with some branches and sequels of interest. Good luck and have fun. I'm sure "all will be revealed" very soon.

kb2012

Take a look at this PDF of a paper on the subject: www.dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA519217

Much may have changed, but it looks like your 16 week school (Pensacola?) will be followed by a 6 month assignment at a MCAS to learn the MOS basic skill sets. Looks like a pretty diverse MOS opportunity with some branches and sequels of interest. Good luck and have fun. I'm sure "all will be revealed" very soon.

I came across that multiple times in my searches, but that's an opinion piece written by an EWS student. It mentions a few facets of the training but it focuses more on long term career progression, not initial training and qualifications.

And it was written in 2008. Not sure if that info is accurate or not.