• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Contract at TBS

MiracleWhip

Hello ladies and gents!

If someone has an air contract, how much does TBS rankings apply to your career in the fleet? I know ground guys have to compete for their MOS, and air does not. However, I heard that there was a lineal standing that is important for all air contracts for promotion?

My roommate (air contract) isn't doing too hot at TBS, but wants to serve 20 years. Just wanted to clarify how. the lineal standings will effect him.

Thanks

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Hello ladies and gents!

If someone has an air contract, how much does TBS rankings apply to your career in the fleet? I know ground guys have to compete for their MOS, and air does not. However, I heard that there was a lineal standing that is important for all air contracts for promotion?

My roommate (air contract) isn't doing too hot at TBS, but wants to serve 20 years. Just wanted to clarify how. the lineal standings will effect him.

Thanks

They have zero impact.

Lineal standing just creates a number for promotion purposes. I.e. Some one has to be first and some one has to be last.

MiracleWhip

Thank you sir, I passed him bad information. I was told that the standing can affect your ability to either get promoted or passed up.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
It only matters if you and someone else have the same date of rank.

For example, let’s say you and your roommate both commissioned the same day. You’ll both pick up 1stLt in 2 years from that day. When it comes time for captain boards, if they someone how run out of spots when they come to guys who were promoted on your date of rank, then lineal number will be how they determine who gets promoted between you two.

But if you commissioned a day before him, he will never (to my knowledge) have a lineal number higher than you, unless you both pin on Captain the same day. If that happened, then it would be like captain example, but for the promotion to major.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Just so it’s clear, TBS standing only has an effect (possibly) in what month people of the same date of commissioning pin on their next rank. Zero effect on actual promotion. Of course not being a turd is something that is remembered by your peers for quite a while.

MiracleWhip

To clarify, it only matters for when you will promote over someone else of the same commissioning day, but isn't one of the factors for actual promotion.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
TBS is pass/fail for Air Contracts unless you're a coolaid drinker. If that's the case you have to drink the blue coolaid to promote to 1st Lt, and the red coolaid if you ever want to make Captain.

Wickle

Sorry for hijacking the thread. TBS guy here. If TBS is pass fail, RTCs and such don’t matter for promotion right? Just what you do in the fleet. Got a couple from the motivated land navs....

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Sorry for hijacking the thread. TBS guy here. If TBS is pass fail, RTCs and such don’t matter for promotion right? Just what you do in the fleet. Got a couple from the motivated land navs....

Seeing as how I have no clue what an RTC is, I'm going to say... no, they don't.

Dude, just get through TBS, and be a solid dude. Don't stand out either way, just be a guy that can have a beer with anyone. Get down to Pensacola as fast as you can. That is all.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You get a check in the box and an unobserved fitrep. If you're the honor grad or something I guess you'll get a commendatory unobserved fitrep, which is worth exactly dick. As mentioned several times, do well and be a good dude just because that's always a good policy.

PMPT

Hello ladies and gents!

Thanks

Good evening, fellow Co E Marine