• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

navy

1. ethanr8

OCS Apply to OCS Before Graduation, Enlisted in CG

Hey guys, first time posting here. Really liking this forum so far, it’s super helpful. Don’t think this has been asked before on airwarriors: can you apply to Navy OCS before college graduation if you’re currently enlisted in another branch? I’m active duty USCG looking to go SWO, and I’d...
  2. Edge47

Need help with info for AD Army to Navy branch transfer

I was selected for the 5 Feb ocs date to be an sna. I’m currently active duty army and have my signed conditional release by an O6. But between my recruiter, officer processor and army hr techs. No one has an answer for what needs to happen for me to get out processed from the army to report to...
  3. Milesfinite

USN Repeating OAR and Submitting Waiver

So I've taken the OAR twice and was short 4 points to submit my kit to the board for Crypto Warfare. A friend sent info from the navy HR website in regards to being able to submit a waiver. I do have a GPA of 3.88, references in related field as civilian and some work experience. Recruiter wants...
  4. A

Navy Reserves DCO - Engineer

Hello, I did a bit of research and I did find that I might qualify for a Direct Commission in the CEC with a masters degree in engineering plus 6 years of engineering experience. What I couldn’t really find is that, do DCO candidates still take the ASTB (so I can prepare for that), and what...
  5. gatechfan28

Mental Health/NAMI/Med Boards…. for a friend.

Off the record, for a friend, of course. I’m trying to get some information regarding processes for being DQ’d while on flight status (Tactical Jets). Long story short, there’s a high probability that “my friend” has been diagnosed with “Major Depressive Disorder, Recurrent, Severe” as well as...
  6. F

Failed DP at MEPs. Options to retake, or do I switch paths?

I went through MEPS today. Everything else besides my DP was stellar. I've been dreaming of flying for the Marine Corps for a while (two marine aviators in my family), but after my failed DP, I'm at a crossroads. I've seen a bunch of information on here about how getting a civilian waiver is no...
  7. A

OCS Past-life cumulative GPA

Long story short, I wasn't prepared for college when I was young and did magnificently poorly, like a 1.something GPA over 48 attempted credits poorly. A decade later I figured my life out, did some NCPACE course, had some JST courses accepted, and am graduating with a 3.93 GPA from Penn State...
  8. C

14 August 2022 OCS Class

Hey everyone, I didn’t see an existing thread so I figured I’d start one for this class. Looking forward to seeing who else is going! I’m going for the CEC.
  9. D

When Reality Hits, Did You Have Regrets?

Hey Everyone, It's been a while since I have posted on here and a lot has changed since then. First off, My times working with the Marines has pretty much come to an end. My OSO and I were very honest with each other and we made a deal and stuck to it. He gave me until September to basically...
  10. B

Paths to aviation officer as current serving Army officer?

Currently serving Army EOD officer here and I'm wondering what a possible path to being a pilot could be. I'm starting my fourth year and while I love EOD it is a bit of a dead end as the only real commands left would be an EOD company. I love EOD and wouldn't trade my time for anything but I...
  11. S

Finance Degree w/ Pilot Dreams

Hi all, I went to college and graduated with a 4.0 in Finance. I work in the Finance world but it's not what I thought it would be. I've always wanted to fly in the Navy and while I'm young the idea seems still very feasible. My first question is, does not having a STEM Degree set me back in...
  12. L

Other Officer/Navy Opportunites

Hello! I am needing some advice on what possible steps I can take towards achieving a career in international relations/foreign affairs. I am new to the Navy (have only been in for a little over a year) and I completed my Bachelors degree in Political Science this year. After completing it, I...
  13. T

USN Army Officer Transition to SNA

Hi all, I’m in need of some help. I’m currently an Army Officer (O2) and my time in the army ends next year by which time I’ll be an O3. I have a very strong desire to fly for the Navy but I am uncertain how that would look. I’ve passed all the initial screening for the Army as my dream was to...
  14. W

Anyone here interviewed for CWE? Tips?

Greetings! I am graduating with a computer science degree from an approved school (NSA CAE). GPA is a 3.5. I currently a reservist in a different branch. I am retaking the OAR to get at least a 50 since I didn't study the first time and only got 45. Does anyone have any experience with the...
  15. WorldWar33.3

SWO Youtubers

Hey AirWarriors and SWOrriors Do any of you know of any Youtube vloggers who make videos about their day-to-day or past experiences as a SWO? C.W. Lemoine and Hasard Lee make educational videos about the daily life of fighter pilots. Nicky MGTV and JTSuits make educational videos about the...
  16. W

NAVAL OFFICER TO CIVILIAN LIFE

As a current college student I want to go through OCS and get out in 4 or 5 years. Is there a large market for good paying civilian jobs if I do SWO? I want to get into psychology or business later on in my life , what communities or jobs would be good to do in the navy?
  17. Saukko

OCS 26Sep21 Navy OCS Class Thread

Hello Everyone! I go by Saukko on here but I am a soon to be graduate of College with a B.S. in Psychology! Applied to the November board date for Aviation, and have been communicating with the other applicants for a while through that forum. Just recently received my FinSel for SNA, and my...
  18. NavyIT101

07 MAR OCS 2021

Starting the thread for this class date. The class is currently about 50% full as of today.
  19. T

14 FEB 2021 OCS

I thought I would make this thread since there is not one already. This is the date I just received from my recruiter. Hope to hear from someone soon!
  20. Aj4life77

Surface Warfare Officer Interviews

I am in the process of putting together an OCS Package. I am currently enlisted as an LS 7 1/2 years in. I am at a medical command and there are no Surface Warfare Officers to conduct one of my interviews. If there is anyone who knows a SWO or is a SWO could you assist me in completing this...
  21. Reg-A-Muffin0716

Navy VS Air Force Helicopter Pilot

Everyone, I fully understand that there might be threads about this C&C already. I’m just asking this out of curiosity. To any Helo drivers out there, can any of you please chime in and shed some light on differences (that is, apart from the already obvious, and barring Army and Marine types)?
  22. B

How likely is one to get a waiver when when one is too old?

Hello, I want to become a Navy (or AF) fighter pilot and since I don't have a U.S. citizenship (yet) I am worried that I won't have all requirements, or more specifically I won't be an officer before I turn 28 (or 29), and thus not be able to become an aviator in whatever branch I end up going...
  23. CeeJayPA

OCS Tattoo Screening Form Specifics

Hello all, I searched pretty well before posting this, so hopefully no bad blood here, just hoping this can clarify policy for many more than me once answered. I am near completion of my OCS package and working on rounding up my last appraisals. I have to complete the tattoo appraisal form...
  24. E

Application did not get a "read receipt"

I'm an active duty E6 applying to OCS for 1810 and 1830. I completed my package and sent the PDF to officerapplications@navy.mil. In the FAQ on the Navy's OCS page it says if you do not receive a "confirmation of receipt" to send the email again and also email ocsquestions@navy.mil. I did, and...
  25. ajpurvis

Flight Hours

I've spent the past few hours scouring this form so I wouldn't have to make a post of my own. Unfortunately my searching yielded almost no results. Simply put, I want to fly. Which aircraft typically gets the most flight hours in the Navy? My dream plane is the F18, but I can't find a straight...
  26. Aceleo

Navy Pilots max age limit increased to 32?

My recruiter just called me yesterday telling me that the max age limit for Navy pilots got increased from 26 to 32. I was on the verge of getting too old to apply as a pilot but this comes as good news for me. I have been scouring the internet to find an official statement on this but couldn't...
  27. kashniz

OAR- study tips

Hello, I am on my last semester at university. I want to be an officer in the navy, so I will be taking the OAR in about a month. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to study? I am a social work a major so I have not taken a math course in about 3 years.
  28. ONS2017

What rates does my degree gel with?

I’m graduating with my bachelors in Community Development with a focus in Health Sciences. Think—logistics of healthcare but measuring its effect on the community. A few examples of courses I took are: Death and Dying, Racial Injustice, Community Health, Public Affairs WI. I was looking at HR...
  29. E

Concerned About GPA Hinderance

Hello all, I'm currently a student of Mechanical Engineering with aspirations of becoming a Naval Aviator once college is over. I'm seeking to compete for a Navy OCS flight contract, but there's a problem. I got back my midterm grades from my first semester at my four-year university, and they...
  30. Z

OCS Navy Intel Chances

Hello everyone! I was wondering what are my chances of being picked up for Intel. My stats are as follows: 24 year old male 3.66 GPA for bachelors degree (UVA & a CC) Major: Government 52 OAR score LOR: 1) A U.S. Congressman 2) My former boss Leadership experience: Was promoted to deputy...
  31. musclesloading

STA-21 IP Program

Hello everyone! I am 31, have been in the Navy for almost 13 years, E-5, and am finally fully convinced to apply for an Officer Program. I am currently researching and preparing my package for the STA-21 IP/Core Program options. I am looking for insight on those specific designations. Anyone...
  32. M

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- Oct. 2, 2018

Hello all, I am starting this thread for the Pilot/NFO board that will be taking place Oct. 2, 2018. This will be the first board for FY-19. I will post my stats below and welcome others to do the same, maybe we can get someone to start an excel sheet. Anyways, feel free to post questions...
  33. derek.bane

Podcasts or Audiobooks for OCS

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on podcasts or audiobooks that are strictly educational and aimed towards completing OCS and also the Naval Pilot Program. I saw there were a lot of suggestions about overall improvement (money plant, art of manliness, joe rogan experience, how I...
  34. StephenCanDo

OCS Advice and Expectation

I plan on applying for NFO position and have the following pros and cons Pros: Significant Extra-curriculars in academic programs, non-profits and Community Service projects. Strong work experience on resume at a Law Firm and local college as a Speech and Debate Coach. Athletic and exercise...
  35. derek.bane

ASTB Exam Help - PLEASE

Is anyone willing to share or sell their study materials if they have already passed their ASTB/OAR exams? I just quit my job and I am starting the whole process to become a US Naval Pilot. I sincerely mean it when I say that any help is appreciated. We could all work wonderfully together as a...
  36. Buffy00

Uncorrected eyesight is too bad, could I get PRK before?

Hello all, I am currently 18 and about to graduate high school. For the past couple years I have been working towards my dream, becoming an aviator in the military. Recently, I got an eye prescription and calculated my eyesight. I believe I have 20/40 in one eye and 20/80 in the other eye. I...
  37. G

Possible to start NROTC at my college

Hello! My college only offers Army and Air Force ROTC at my college, Texas Christian University. I intend to do OCS after college but if NROTC was an option here I would jump right on it. I do not want to do ROTC for another branch and try to transfer to the Navy at the time of graduation...
  38. Gerardo Charles

Uncorrected Vision Influence on Specialization

So my vision is 20/25 and correctable to 20/20. I already got a pilot slot and I know that I am physically qualified to pilot anything in the Navy, but my question is this: will my vision ever play factor during the selection process after basic training? I just have a hard time believing they...
  39. T

Where to find IWC selection board info/statistics?

I would like to find the info on professional recommendations to OCS. The facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Pers472/) seems to only have the info for March 2016 and December 2015. But I've seen people referencing more up to date stuff. Where can I find this info.
  40. G

Which branch/airframe flies the most?

I was wondering what branch of the military flies the most, that is hours per year? Would bumming in the air national guard get you more flight time in a year than active duty if you played your cards right? Also what airframe flies the most hours per year (i.e. Helicopters, fighters, cargo...
  41. 2

Prior service Claims Questions

I'm creating a new thread because the stickied threads don't seem to be getting a lot of recent traffic. Also I have scoured the forum for the answer to my question with no luck. I spent 6 years on AD in the Navy with an honorable discharge blah blah. Claimed several items on my VA disability...
  42. E

Not so good GPA. Do I still have a shot at going in as an officer?

Hey, My GPA right now in college is not so great. I think it is at a 2.8 or so. Do I have to have a certain GPA before I can even be considered to go in as an officer? Or do you think if I can do well enough on the OAR/ASTB they will overlook my GPA? My other thought was this... If I don't...
  43. A

OCS Preparation

Hey all! I am expecting to ship out to OCS (Navy) within the next few weeks and I want to know what knowledge I need to know prior to getting there. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!
  44. Syed Zaheer Hasan Rizvi

Question about going to Air Force or Navy?

I graduated from college last year and I started the my application for Navy OCS in the beginning of my senior year. It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do as initially I applied for aviation but didn't do good on the ATSB and changed my mind to Intel. So far I have filled out most of...
  45. Alejandro Booher

USN Should I go Naval Aircrewman or a Submariner?

I want to become a Naval Aviator. I'm planning to apply for the NROTC Scholarship but I doubt that I will be able to get it, with all the competition out there. I'm a PO1 in the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps and going through 4 years of Air Force JROTC, but I still don't think I will be...
  46. B

Branch Dilemma - Advice Needed

Hi all, Let me preface this with "Yes, I am a jackass and I should have thought about this sooner" and "I'm sorry RUFiO181, I should have asked my recruiter the first day I talked to him". My current situation is that I've just been given the N3M approval to have my MEPS physical, the details...
  47. C

Navy vs. Marines-Naval Aviator (Here we go again)

Howdy guys, I realize this has been posted before and I have read through a great deal of threads on this topic, but I would like some updated responses because things change by the minute. I have decided to apply for a pilot spot in both the Navy and the Marines. I'm hopeful that I will get an...
  48. Ligerfoxzoid

OCS Reconsideration timeframe

How long do i have from my not selected result to submit a reconsideration package?
  49. Law_Student_Yawning

OAR/ASTB for OCS

So, I'm taking the OAR/ASTB exams in less than two weeks. Is that enough time to prepare? Let me give you a little bit of background. I'm 25. I graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park with a 3.45 GPA. I am in my last year of law school, and I do plan on getting barred. I've...
  50. R

Question regarding high school/college transcripts - STA-21

Hey all! Pretty new to this forum but have dug pretty deep to find gouges, info, etc. I'm putting together my package for FY18 and haven't had any luck with finding out my transcript question. I have gathered all my transcripts but don't understand how they shall be put in the package itself...