• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

eyesight

1. Average Monke

Need depth perception test

Hello all, I'm in the final stages of completing my OCS packet and my recruiter just informed me that MEPS did not conduct a required depth perception test when I went in for my medical exam. My recruiter recommended that I do not go back to MEPS to complete the depth perception test, and...
  2. WannaFlyHigh

Should I get LASIK before OCS?

Background: So I used to search function to find a similar instance of what I am going thru and could not find any useful info. So I am applying to SNA and already took the ASTB. Last year I had a vision test done and was told I had a slight near sightedness in my eyes. I have glasses for 20/35...
  3. AwsumAwstun

Waiver for vision?

Hey guys. Long time reader, first post. I am completely done with my packet for SWO (56 OAR, 3.35 GPA, Marketing degree, 5+years in management). I'm only waiting for a consultation regarding my eyesight. In 2011 I attempted to enlist and was told by my recruiter, "They're not letting you in...
  4. Buffy00

Uncorrected eyesight is too bad, could I get PRK before?

Hello all, I am currently 18 and about to graduate high school. For the past couple years I have been working towards my dream, becoming an aviator in the military. Recently, I got an eye prescription and calculated my eyesight. I believe I have 20/40 in one eye and 20/80 in the other eye. I...
  5. E

Color Vision/MEPS Issue

Air Warriors, I have been reading this forum for the past two or so years for information along my journey to pursue a commission and flight contract. Today I ran into what could be a show stopper and am looking for answers/advice (apologies for the novel of a description, trying to be thorough...
  6. C

Eyesight Change

Okay...I was Pro Rec Y for SNA back in April. I went to MEPS in February and passed the eye exam, but just barely. I had 20/40 uncorrected (Correctable to 20/20), which is the maximum limit. I am graduating college this December, so my planned ship out date is either January or February. What...