• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

eye surgery

1. M

Surgery AFTER MEPS

I completed MEPS and passed everything, including my vision test. After MEPS, I submitted documents for pterygium surgery I had for both of my eyes five years ago, and I am now waiting for the waiver to be approved. I'm pursuing a position as an SWO/NFO, and the board won't convene until July...
  2. alfanier

Keratoconus Waiver

Hi everyone, This is my first post, though I’ve been reading a lot on this forum over the last year. I am applying for a pilot slot after I finish school- my main concern is my eye condition, keratoconus. I just got CXL surgery to prevent it from progressing and I still have 20/20 vision, but...
  3. Saucebaus

Is ptosis something to be concerned about?

Hello, I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. I'm a former enlisted Marine finishing up my last year in college. I'm currently competing for a Marine air contract. I was born with ptosis of my right eyelid. It doesn't affect my vision at all but is definitely noticeable...
  4. Buffy00

Uncorrected eyesight is too bad, could I get PRK before?

Hello all, I am currently 18 and about to graduate high school. For the past couple years I have been working towards my dream, becoming an aviator in the military. Recently, I got an eye prescription and calculated my eyesight. I believe I have 20/40 in one eye and 20/80 in the other eye. I...
  5. I

Second PRK Surgery

I am in the process of applying for a pilot slot at Navy OCS and have a question about laser eye surgeries. I had PRK surgery done about four years ago and since that time my vision has deteriorated somewhat. Although my eyesight is at the lower end of the acceptable band for becoming a pilot, I...
  6. C

At OCS, got NPQ'd

Hello all, I was part of class 10-18, (Feb 4, 2018) and went through a few days before I had a meeting with the flight surgeon. Pretty much I was NPQ'd for having 1.75 astigmatism, when 1.00 was the max standard. I remember I asked the eye doc at MEPS if my astigastigm was within standards and...
  7. Q

Eye surgery questions

I already searched and found one thread for Visian ICL, and that was for pilots, which I am not interested in. For the Restricted Line Officers, does it matter what type of eye surgery you get? I am considering getting Visian ICL for a couple reasons. I am disqualified from Lasik, and a...