• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Newest hiring brief news from United...

Some usedul info in the notes for last tour penguins and helo crowds.

On the AA side of the house, some RTP applicants in their first year flying at the AA WO regionals are seeing invites to take the organizational fit assessment. These folks only have RTP fixed wing training time and 6 months of RJ flying.

Attachments

• 768AA4B6-8675-4F17-92EE-0043607A94B6.jpeg
    768AA4B6-8675-4F17-92EE-0043607A94B6.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 92
  • CCE9FD95-F340-44B2-8519-BCB96ACC34EC.jpeg
    CCE9FD95-F340-44B2-8519-BCB96ACC34EC.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 90
  • D262102A-39F1-4625-B592-94ABAD1CD6BF.jpeg
    D262102A-39F1-4625-B592-94ABAD1CD6BF.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 88

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
...AA WO regionals are seeing invites to take the organizational fit assessment.

Does this involve a chip trail?

On a more serious note, 100 hours in the last 12 months...if not a Cessna, what do they want to see? Turbine time? Even if it's helo time (asking given the note)? Or specifically regional 121 time?

SlickAg

pilot
On a more serious note, 100 hours in the last 12 months...if not a Cessna, what do they want to see? Turbine time? Even if it's helo time (asking given the note)? Or specifically regional 121 time?
The answer to this has typically been “getting paid to fly”, e.g. either commercial or military. Some guys HAVE been successful with all of part of the 100 hours coming from CFI time in GA aircraft.

This is the first time I’ve seen United express an interest in rotary wing time; I think time will tell if/when some guys with significant helo time get invites.

GroundPounder

Question for those of you in the know.

On my recent golfing trip to Scotland, neither of my two bags made it to Edinburgh with me. The first bag arrived the next day, but was not delivered to me until the 4th day I was there. The second bag arrived the day prior to me leaving, at that point it made more sense to just pick it up at the airport on my way out.

Whenever I called, the only thing I could get out of the call center was " buy clothes ". I ended up spending about 300 pounds buying a few golf shirts, a warm pull over and 1 pair of pants. I don't want to get over on Delta, but at the same time, the fact that one bag was there, and not delivered does seem to be unreasonable. Had I a car, I would have gone back and got the bag, I did not leave it there out of spite.

If you have any insight I am interested in what I should settle for?

I realize these are all first world problems, and like I said, I'm not looking to take advantage, I just don't want to get taken advantage of.

Last edited by a moderator:

hooflys

pilot
Contributor
Question for those of you in the know...

Happened to me on the way back to the States from Europe for a hiking trip in the Grand Canyon on a joint United/Lufthansa ticket. Bag showed up 3 days after getting to the GC (airline delivered); spent about $300 on new shoes and some clothes (same idea, wasn't trying to blow it out and get one over on the airline, just replacing what was delayed). Took a year and multiple follow-ups, but United ultimately reimbursed.

Some more info here; brief read looks like up to $3400 is reimbursable: https://www.cntraveler.com/story/delayed-baggage-compensation-what-airlines-really-owe-you

Good luck.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What you bought wasn't unreasonable (providing you meant 300 pounds vs 3000), nor were your actions. They owe you the money. Hope it wasn't AA. My experience is most ailrines are usually pretty fair with reimbursements for this kind of thing.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Should have sent it FedEx.....
You know I’ve had great experiences shipping stuff with FedEx. Recently I used it to ship some boxes coast to coast and had them delivered to the local fedex kinkos office. I showed up to get them and the boxes looked like an angry gorilla thought one of them may have a banana in them. The manager of the store was all apologetic but I’m still floored with the lack of customer support when given destroyed and mangled boxes. I bet @FrankTheTank would have taken better care of them! So yeah, I don’t know if I’d trust some golf clubs with Fedex at the moment. /end personal anecdote

GroundPounder

What you bought wasn't unreasonable (providing you meant 300 pounds vs 3000), nor were your actions. They owe you the money. Hope it wasn't AA. My experience is most ailrines are usually pretty fair with reimbursements for this kind of thing.

Can't seem to edit my post, but it was 300, not 3000. Things are not cheap in St. Andrew's, I tried to go as inexpensively as I could.

Thanks