• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I am concerned because the breast insignias have been completely removed. It makes me nervous that they aren't there, like it's something that really should be and was left off on accident lol

cubuffalo

I thought I'd ask a stupid question, given the title of this thread. The OCS website says that all students with spouses need to bring the marriage certificate, the spouse's drivers license/passport, and the spouse's birth certificate & social security card. Since I don't want to leave my wife unable to drive or travel abroad, how does one go about obtaining a court certified copy? When I google "court certified copy" I come up with results about how to get copies of court documents.

My recruiter mentioned that I could get a copy from the recruiting office, but since the website says that NRD copies will not be accepted I'm not inclined to think that's right. But if someone has had that work I'd love to hear about it.

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 5.19.15 PM.png

AULANI

I thought I'd ask a stupid question, given the title of this thread. The OCS website says that all students with spouses need to bring the marriage certificate, the spouse's drivers license/passport, and the spouse's birth certificate & social security card. Since I don't want to leave my wife unable to drive or travel abroad, how does one go about obtaining a court certified copy? When I google "court certified copy" I come up with results about how to get copies of court documents.

My recruiter mentioned that I could get a copy from the recruiting office, but since the website says that NRD copies will not be accepted I'm not inclined to think that's right. But if someone has had that work I'd love to hear about it.

View attachment 19434
It's driver's license or passport, not both.

If I were you I'd bring marriage certificate, wife's birth certificate, passport, and SS card. They'll make copies for you at OCS, the whole process takes 5 minutes. You get the documents back, and you can mail them back to her.

Vincent

Here is my stupid question:

For Prior Enlisted Personnel, there is specific information I am having difficulty finding...

Does anyone have their LES from the time they arrived? If so could you go through the 1-3 months of LES and see...

How much was taken out and on which paycheck did they take the uniform items they issue out?

Also, my bigger question is BAH, did they continue with no interruption the BAH from where you are living or did you lose BAH for a month or two and then they back paid you later on?

AULANI

Here is my stupid question:

For Prior Enlisted Personnel, there is specific information I am having difficulty finding...

Does anyone have their LES from the time they arrived? If so could you go through the 1-3 months of LES and see...

How much was taken out and on which paycheck did they take the uniform items they issue out?

Also, my bigger question is BAH, did they continue with no interruption the BAH from where you are living or did you lose BAH for a month or two and then they back paid you later on?

I'm not sure what you mean for the uniform items... You'll get a little bit of extra money in your first paycheck at OCS that goes towards purchasing uniform items. They don't take money from you. At the end of OCS you'll have to pay-off your uniform bill. Mine was $3,500.

My wife is also active duty military so I did not receive BAH while I was at OCS. I know the other priors in my class (that had dependents) did continue to receive BAH while they were at OCS.

Here’s my stupid question.

If I’m currently on active duty, why do I need my marriage certificate? My wife’s already in DEERS. What am I missing here?

AULANI

Here’s my stupid question.

If I’m currently on active duty, why do I need my marriage certificate? My wife’s already in DEERS. What am I missing here?
They are going to ask for it, just bring it. I was in the same situation and they asked for mine while I was at OCS... twice.

They are going to ask for it, just bring it. I was in the same situation and they asked for mine while I was at OCS... twice.
Roger that. Take everything that they ask for which applies to me on ocs.navy.mil, aye. I read up above that they’ll let me mail the documents back, which is nice. Hopefully, that’ll give my wife some relief.

Because SURPRISE not every Sailor has their Admin squared away...
Chief selection season was very painful this year. Not sure how so many Sailors don’t have awards their records. I guess they’re just working too hard to notice...

But not having your marriage certificate in your record..well, don’t you want your BAH?!