• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS USAF Fighter And Bomber Crews Get Modified M4 Rifles That Fit Under Ejection Seats

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Greek fava. Yummy. Basicly, yellow peas processed like chickpeas for hummus. I can't find yellow peas around town yet. Going to see about ordering some online.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Greek fava. Yummy. Basicly, yellow peas processed like chickpeas for hummus. I can't find yellow peas around town yet. Going to see about ordering some online.
I grew regular fava beans a few years ago and have made them into a tasty, ridiculously green paste.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Former F-14 and F-18 driver Cdr Bob Norris once wrote the fiction book titled "Check Six" which contains a funny stage: some carrier, VFA squadron ready room before the combat sortie when the Marine sergeant brought the box with sidearms for pilots and said: "Gentlemen, you're not Marines and not soldiers and I actually want you to treat the pistols as if they were hand grenades, comprande? I said, COMPRANDE?" Some of pilots replied "Yes Sir", after which there was iconic "I-am-not-sir-I-work-for-a-living", then that colorful sarge saluted and went off.

Generally speaking, Russian AF tactical pilots who were forced to eject over Afghan in 1980-88, beloved Stechkin 9-mm automatic pistol which could fire short bursts and a pair of those fucking "lemons", a Russian slang for hand grenades F-1. So they do that now in Syria. Not for succesful defence mostly but rather to escape the capture in a way of true Asian warrior: to take with them more enemies at the moment of the last breath. Dunno is that good or bad but this is the AF tradition in tactical fighter (attack) squadrons.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Generally speaking, Russian AF tactical pilots who were forced to eject over Afghan in 1980-88, beloved Stechkin 9-mm automatic pistol which could fire short bursts and a pair of those fucking "lemons", a Russian slang for hand grenades F-1. So they do that now in Syria.
A machine pistol 9mm may have worked well before Kevlar or against terrorist groups, but the U.S. military will need better stopping power to deal with the next anticipated adversary.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot