• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Shipping to OCS in a few days. When will I receive my information for mypay so that I can access my LES? My wife will need a copy of my LES as soon as possible, but this will be hard to do if I need phone access to set up mypay. Any advice?

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
Shipping to OCS in a few days. When will I receive my information for mypay so that I can access my LES? My wife will need a copy of my LES as soon as possible, but this will be hard to do if I need phone access to set up mypay. Any advice?
I know OCS requires you to bring a voided check to set up direct deposit for while at OCS. Not sure about mypay.

hdr777

pilot

I was able to access my pay once I got access to my navy email, which you will need a cac for. Some people got CACs/email access as early as week four, others had to wait until candio phase for their navy email to work

I was able to access my pay once I got access to my navy email, which you will need a cac for. Some people got CACs/email access as early as week four, others had to wait until candio phase for their navy email to work
Thank you for that timely response.

eva12036

Hey Question for all of you. If the application deadline is July 6th does that mean by the end of the day or has to be submitted before that day?

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
Hey Question for all of you. If the application deadline is July 6th does that mean by the end of the day or has to be submitted before that day?
It has to be submitted and processed before that date. After your recruiter has everything, there's still a process to submitting the app.

aeng

I was looking up Appendix B the other day and noticed a new version, version K, is up on the web. http://www.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otcn/pdfs/OCR Appendix B.pdf

There are a few changes: addition of Assistant Class Officer in the Chain of Command, the addition of Watchstanding Principles, slight change to the wording of the Mission of the Navy, and they took out things like the Sailors Creed, 15 leadership traits, some of the breast insignia, etc. It seems much shorter.

Can anyone confirm that this is the version they are now using at OCS? Or should I still be studying version J.

Meyerkord

pilot
I was looking up Appendix B the other day and noticed a new version, version K, is up on the web. http://www.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otcn/pdfs/OCR Appendix B.pdf

There are a few changes: addition of Assistant Class Officer in the Chain of Command, the addition of Watchstanding Principles, slight change to the wording of the Mission of the Navy, and they took out things like the Sailors Creed, 15 leadership traits, some of the breast insignia, etc. It seems much shorter.

Can anyone confirm that this is the version they are now using at OCS? Or should I still be studying version J.
Confirmed. I graduated with class 12-18 and they started using the new version for class 15-18 (when I was a candio)

Last edited:

Playawon

Wow, good looking out.

aeng

Confirmed. I graduated with class 12-18 and they started using the new version for class 15-18 (when I was a candio)

Awesome, thank you for confirming. Are they ever going to quiz us about the information they took out at any point in OCS, or should I just have a general knowledge of it because it's good to know?

Meyerkord

pilot
Awesome, thank you for confirming. Are they ever going to quiz us about the information they took out at any point in OCS, or should I just have a general knowledge of it because it's good to know?
Honestly I’m not sure. I know leadership traits were popular for 6th and 8th week inspections, as were the warfare devices, but I have no idea if they’re taking them out or not. The rubrics for each inspection should be laid out in the OCR, but I haven’t been able to find an update copy of the whole thing yet. I wouldn’t stress those items too much before you get there though. If you know the main ones like general orders, code of conduct, chain of command, and ranks/insignias, you’ll be ahead of the game.

umdrake

Honestly I’m not sure. I know leadership traits were popular for 6th and 8th week inspections, as were the warfare devices, but I have no idea if they’re taking them out or not. The rubrics for each inspection should be laid out in the OCR, but I haven’t been able to find an update copy of the whole thing yet. I wouldn’t stress those items too much before you get there though. If you know the main ones like general orders, code of conduct, chain of command, and ranks/insignias, you’ll be ahead of the game.

Thanks for the info! And congrats to graduating, the Vice admirals speech was a bit hard to hear when he spoke 5ft away from the mic