• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1 July 2018 OCS Class

Khaotiicx

♫♥
I saw a comment on an OCS guide video on youtube that they now issue us New Balance shoes and we cannot bring/buy a second clean pair to use for RLP. Has anyone else heard this?
What video was that under, do you have the link? Did anyone get a packing list yet that mentioned anything about shoes? I haven't heard about anything changing. I hope we can still bring our own.

eswanson101

What video was that under, do you have the link? Did anyone get a packing list yet that mentioned anything about shoes? I haven't heard about anything changing. I hope we can still bring our own.

Its Navy Dave's video about what to bring to OCS.

The person commented a week ago: "OCS is constantly changing, they now issue you New Balance running shoes that you will need to wear, and you cannot keep a second clean pair for RLP. You still should bring a good pair of running shoes, some peoples New Balance shoes are on special order so they get to wear their own until the navy ones arrive."

eswanson101

We are still allowed to bring a pair of running shoes to OCS, but we will have to purchase whatever these GI New Balance running shoes are.

Check it out: http://www.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otcn/ocs_packing_list.html

I swear they must have just changed that page because I was looking at that page yesterday and didn't see that alert about being fitted for and purchasing shoes there. Nonetheless, im glad we can still bring our own pair.

apb94

Hello all, checking in tentatively. I'm grateful to AW for a lot of helpful information. I was just wondering if anyone else in the transcript/FINSEL situation applied last summer? I sent my application in late July 2017, and it seems like I could get bumped from this class (and maybe the next) if my transcript release is too slow, which might cause a problem with the one year limit...any clarity is much appreciated! Waiting to hear from my OR, but thought it'd be worth asking here as well.

Khaotiicx

♫♥
Hello all, checking in tentatively. I'm grateful to AW for a lot of helpful information. I was just wondering if anyone else in the transcript/FINSEL situation applied last summer? I sent my application in late July 2017, and it seems like I could get bumped from this class (and maybe the next) if my transcript release is too slow, which might cause a problem with the one year limit...any clarity is much appreciated! Waiting to hear from my OR, but thought it'd be worth asking here as well.
I had my school fill out this "Letter of Completion" that my OR gave me because transcripts and degrees will not be posted until the last day of May. So I am hoping this means that I will get my FINSEL this week. I sent it over Friday, the 18th, so we shall see. I didn't apply as early as last summer, I submitted everything in early December 2017.

apb94

I had my school fill out this "Letter of Completion" that my OR gave me because transcripts and degrees will not be posted until the last day of May. So I am hoping this means that I will get my FINSEL this week. I sent it over Friday, the 18th, so we shall see. I didn't apply as early as last summer, I submitted everything in early December 2017.
Ok I see. Thanks for the response and good luck!

eswanson101

So are we still allowed to PT in our own shoes that we bring and then use the shoes we buy there for inspections?

My interpretation of it is that we'll have to wear the ones they issue us and that we can bring our own pair as a backup/to use until they issue us ours. Not sure about whether we can use the pair we dont train in for inspections.

pcrwizard

Did your registrar fill that out even though you hadn't finished yet with no problems? I was given the same form but assumed that since I hadn't actually finished all the classes required for graduation the registrar wouldn't do it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Did your registrar fill that out even though you hadn't finished yet with no problems? I was given the same form but assumed that since I hadn't actually finished all the classes required for graduation the registrar wouldn't do it.

Remember, some folks have already graduated and can have their registrar easily complete this.

Same, had to submit that letter. Now just waiting to get my transcripts to my recruiter after I've just graduated. He's already given me a pretty firm date of 1 July. See you all in the sand pit.
-Dakota