• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Ejalit

Thanks! This process has been over a year but I can tell you the August class is the soonest I’ve seen for the M

I’m 24 so I don’t think so
I can also say I have an awesome recruiting office and they know I’ve been frustrated with how long it’s been and I think they just bugged the right people

kraus

I can also say I have an awesome recruiting office and they know I’ve been frustrated with how long it’s been and I think they just bugged the right people
I hear that. Working on my one year anniversary of first starting the process. Really hope I hear news soon, but I’m prepared for the long haul. Congrats to you, way to persevere. Keep us posted if you hear any additional info!

Out of curiosity, for those still in FINSEL purgatory, when is/what was everyone's availability date for OCS? Was it immediate after selection or did you have obligations that had it a few months out instead?
I’m a prior and passed my periodic rotation date. Because of the latter, my CO said my availability is immediately after selection. However, since I was selected for SWO, I still have to standby for my date cause of the long waitlist. Unfortunately, I live on base housing and the housing management company is selling my street back to the navy. The company needs me out of their before 1 October. Mr. Celestin at NRC is helping me get an official detachment date from my command in September with 30 days of leave. I assume there’s either an October class.

Last edited:

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I’m a prior and passed my periodic rotation date. Because of the latter, my CO said my availability is immediately after selection. However, since I was selected for SWO, I still have to standby for my date cause of the long waitlist. Unfortunately, I live on base housing and the housing management company is selling my street back to the navy. The company needs me out of their before 1 October. Mr. Celestin at NRC is helping me get an official detachment date from my command in September with 30 days of leave. I assume there’s either an October class.

Oh man! That puts you in a tight spot, just your street? Is that unusual? My availability is 01JUL and I know there's 01JUL and 22JUL class dates for that month, I'm hoping for 22JUL but not holding my breath lol. Aviators go first and I see why. My recruiter just checked on my fingerprints and clearance, I have non-expired prints and an active Secret so nothing will hold up my FINSEL thankfully. Just a whole lot more waiting. But I'm glad to be waiting on this side of things now.

Oh man! That puts you in a tight spot, just your street? Is that unusual? My availability is 01JUL and I know there's 01JUL and 22JUL class dates for that month, I'm hoping for 22JUL but not holding my breath lol. Aviators go first and I see why. My recruiter just checked on my fingerprints and clearance, I have non-expired prints and an active Secret so nothing will hold up my FINSEL thankfully. Just a whole lot more waiting. But I'm glad to be waiting on this side of things now.
I’m not sure the reasoning behind it. After the first year of living on base here the original housing management, Forest City, sold everything to Hunt, but my family didn’t have to move. I’m just really grateful NRC is working with me in order to not have my family move twice. Hopefully I can find out soon what class I’m going to be in. I gotta give Hunt a 30 days notice before moving out. Planning the move has been stressful. Always is though. My wife has a billion questions that I can never answer and every time I say “I don’t know” I swear I watch her capillaries burst. Luckily, I don’t really need to worry about my clearance. The orders that I applied for in case I didn’t get picked up for OCS required me to apply for a TS/SCI so I’ve already taken care of that IF it’s required in the future. Other than that, I’m happy to be waiting on this side as well. I’m also enjoying about 6 months more of shore duty :)

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I’m not sure the reasoning behind it. After the first year of living on base here the original housing management, Forest City, sold everything to Hunt, but my family didn’t have to move. I’m just really grateful NRC is working with me in order to not have my family move twice. Hopefully I can find out soon what class I’m going to be in. I gotta give Hunt a 30 days notice before moving out. Planning the move has been stressful. Always is though. My wife has a billion questions that I can never answer and every time I say “I don’t know” I swear I watch her capillaries burst. Luckily, I don’t really need to worry about my clearance. The orders that I applied for in case I didn’t get picked up for OCS required me to apply for a TS/SCI so I’ve already taken care of that IF it’s required in the future. Other than that, I’m happy to be waiting on this side as well. I’m also enjoying about 6 months more of shore duty :)

Your poor wife haha I'm a planner, and so many "I don't know"s is killing me and stressing me out. I've been learning to try to let go though. That's awesome of your NRC to work with you; I can imagine they would otherwise make this process that much more difficult for you. I'm so excited for those of us in here to get our FINSELs! :D