• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

5 MAR 18 SWO Board

Current status: I requested from NRC, if I receive my FINSEL, that I detach from my current command NLT 28 September because base housing is selling my street back to the Navy. I also asked for at least 30 days of PCS leave on my orders so I can have time to move my family back to Michigan from Washington (this is an out of pocket expense). My POC, Mr. Celestin, has been really easy to work with. When I told him my concern about housing, he said that makes me a priority to get me into an earlier OCS class. I got an email this week saying he is just waiting on official approval for a September detach date. If anyone else is in a similar situation, I recommend you take the same course of action.

Has anyone heard what the current OCS class dates are for this calendar year? The latest one I know of is in June. I imagine if my request gets approved there will be a class either in late September or sometime in October.

K14

What kind of things did you mention in your motivational statement if you don’t mind me asking?

I used this document, posted earlier in the thread, and elsewhere on the forums.

I tried to explain how I demonstrated/demonstrate the "SWO Prospect Attributes" in my college experience and current job.

And I tried to explain my motivations for joining the SWO community with the "Surface Warfare 'Attractors'" and other personal reasons.

Basically, what I can do for the SWO community, what the SWO community can do for me, and my overall goal.

Good luck!

LK_8456

I used this document, posted earlier in the thread, and elsewhere on the forums.

I tried to explain how I demonstrated/demonstrate the "SWO Prospect Attributes" in my college experience and current job.

And I tried to explain my motivations for joining the SWO community with the "Surface Warfare 'Attractors'" and other personal reasons.

Basically, what I can do for the SWO community, what the SWO community can do for me, and my overall goal.

Good luck!
Awesome! Thank you very much!

Reactions: K14

zachm5

Blue Angels Command LPO (Frontman)
I had it as my second choice and some what of a back up plan to AMDO. I was selected for both, but took AMDO as it was my first. My package had nothing to do with SWO. Everything revolved around my 11 years of service in the aviation community. I can only assume I was selected based off my leadership experiences and performance.

LK_8456

I had it as my second choice and some what of a back up plan to AMDO. I was selected for both, but took AMDO as it was my first. My package had nothing to do with SWO. Everything revolved around my 11 years of service in the aviation community. I can only assume I was selected based off my leadership experiences and performance.
Thank you!

kraus

What kind of things did you mention in your motivational statement if you don’t mind me asking?
What @K14 said. I made an outline on how I wanted my essay to be SWO-centric and was very honest in my writing. My goal was to make the reader see my ambition through my writing, not just writing why I would be a good candidate.