• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Apartments in Pace/Milton

TnSig

SNA
I ran a search on the board for apartments near Milton but all the threads were fairly outdated. Anyone have any current info on decent places to live within a 30 minute drive to Whiting? I'll be going there for primary in a few weeks. I was looking at Bell Ridge Apartments in Pace, but this place seems to be brand new and there isn't much info on it.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Bell Ridge is low income housing. You're not eligible....not that you'd want to live there anyways.

Governors Gate, Kings Mill and a few others in north Pensacola are about 35 min to Whiting. Only places in Pace I saw were houses when I was there.

klamsy

Monday monkey lives for the weekend, sir.
pilot
Contributor
As someone finally leaving Milton after a year-plus here....don't live in Milton. It's nice to be close for the 0445/0515 brief mornings and that's about it. If you're dead set on Milton, there are a couple decent housing complexes (you'll need roommates) but the dudes I know who live in apartments up here were not fans.

I'll add another plug for the north Pensacola apartment complexes along 90. I lived at the Crossings for a while and that was pretty nice. My friends who lived at Governor's Gate or King's Mill seemed to have good experiences there as well.

dfred

pilot
100% live in Governor's gate. Drive to whiting is manageable even for the early briefs, close to Publix/target/UWF and most important close to downtown Pensacola for the weekends.

Reactions: Rev

jtmedli

pilot
Governor's Gate FTW! Drive can be a little long (20-30mins) but it's totally worth it to NOT live in Milton.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
A thousand times don't live in Milton.

Flight school isn't that hard that you need to live 5 minutes from work so you can study more. The UWF area is a good spot. Highly recommend.

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
Yeah definitely GG. I don't even feel like the drive was all that much of a negative. It was a chance to clear my head and relax before a brief... Plus all of the previously mentioned benefits of living close to downtown.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
I live in Majestic Oaks and it's awesome. It's like five minutes away from Governor's Gate, which is also a good complex. Check the availability/pricing for both. If you want any more info on Majestic Oaks, let me know :)

Sonog

pilot
I wouldn't rule out living close to whiting. Theres plenty of REALLY cheap, but nice houses you can rent within 10 minutes from base. Yes, you're 40 minutes from downtown/beaches, but the money you save can easily be spent on taxis. In advanced our standard weekend practice was to drive a car downtown, park it overnight and cab back and then do a downtown brunch car retrieval in the morning. Sounds like a pain in the ass, but it wasn't that bad. Downtown pensacola isn't so great that you're going to be missing out of an awesome lifestyle by not living within 10 minutes. However, if I were to be spending more time than just primary or advanced in that area I would lean towards closer to Pensacola for long term sanity. Milton does get you.

TnSig

SNA
Thank all of you for your replies. I think I will take your advice and start looking at the King's Mill/Governor's Gate area. I have heard a lot of good things about several complexes in that area. I initially thought the drive would make it too inconvenient, but hearing that it isn't quite that long and getting to live closer to civilization helped sway me. See you guys at Whiting!

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
waters edge...899 a month for a 2 Bed 2 Bath. around 1000 said and done. it's about 25 away. Decent place, decent size and safe. 12 mins from downtown and 4 mins from the interstate.