• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo PPL

ChuckM

pilot
And also, to those curious about a complex endorsement, it's implied with a commercial rating. (The airplane that civilians have to furnish for a commercial checkride is required to be complex)

This was a pleasent surprise when I went for my multi-engine add-on. (In a complex Seminole)

A high performance endorsement is still required.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
FWIW, the examiner that signed me off said to keep all of those grade sheets because they SHOULD say "INST X Complete" on them and then your INST X paperwork is other proof that you have been signed off as an instrument capable pilot in the military. The SFS should in the front of your logbook where your H2P and HAC stuff is stamped which is what the examiner that I talked to went off of. I believe the understanding/assumption is that once you are a winged aviator then it is understood that you completed both primary and advanced consisting of FW and RW VFR and IFR syllabi which is where the signoffs on your ratings come from. Also, he was perfectly happy seeing the T-6B stamp in front of my logbook and signing off my FW and RW commercial and instrument based off of that. The complex/high-performance thing is a fight i'll have if I ever go back to the VTs. That's probably clear as mud but I hope it helps.

Definitely not arguing having the OPNAV form saying your Inst X complete. I think that's cut and dry. That will also be in your log book, so easy sale. They may have changed the protocol for what went in the front of the logbooks. I just pulled out mine from the closet and the first endorsement in there is "QUAL IN MODE" at the end of Primary. I have no idea why I have that, but whatever. The next few were all from the HTs ("INST X', "CARRIER QUAL") and then it goes on to the RAG stuff where you get everything.

I don't know why they would need to, but maybe they started putting SFS in the log book since that goes in your FAA one if you're doing it under 91/141.

Afterwards they will find the CFI and DPE that endorsed and certified you and probably strip them of thier respective privlages as well depending on the severity of your mishap.

This was exactly the reason I was given for not getting a "gun-decked" Complex/HP sign off. Annoying, but it made sense. Interesting info on the Commercial/Complex thing. I started getting qual'ed in an Arrow a few years ago but didn't quite finish. Sounds like I may be good, as I think I'm about to have access to a complex aircraft that I was wondering how I was going to do that. I need to go do some reading.