• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for some advice

Hey Everyone,

My name is Anthony

I am 24 and I want to become a Naval Officer.

I have a 4 year degree in Business Administration from a small private college in NJ my graduating GPA was 2.78 but my major GPA was 3.0+. i have no skeletons in my closet, I captained all my teams from little league baseball to High School Wrestling, and I came back and coached the Middle School Wrestling team while in College.

I took the OAR and ASTB without any studying

Current scores
OAR:48
ASTB: 4,5,5

speaking to my recruiter he told me I should take them again if I want to be more competitive.

My dream is to be a Naval Aviator but I do live on Earth and understand the difficulty. If aviation fails I would like to do SWO, then final fall back is my recruiter says I have the best chance of being a Supply Officer with my degree.

So the point of this is

Where should I be at to be competitive in the above programs?

Any advice will be helpful

Thank you and please be helpful and not a troll

-Anthony

exNavyOffRec

Your OR should be answering these questions or he should have briefed you better.

USN doesn't care about your major GPA only your overall GPA, and now as a corporate recruiter I can tell you unless you are a tech major I haven't met a single civilian employer that cares about your major GPA.

you don't qualify for SWO, minimum GPA is 2.8
you would pretty much be board fodder for Supply with that low of a GPA as they are one of the most competitive designators
the only real shot you have is to get your ASTB scores up to at least 6's and try for SNA

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Your OR should be answering these questions or he should have briefed you better.

USN doesn't care about your major GPA only your overall GPA, and now as a corporate recruiter I can tell you unless you are a tech major I haven't met a single civilian employer that cares about your major GPA.

you don't qualify for SWO, minimum GPA is 2.8
you would pretty much be board fodder for Supply with that low of a GPA as they are one of the most competitive designators
the only real shot you have is to get your ASTB scores up to at least 6's and try for SNA

I actually got a Supply guy in with a 2.64 GPA, Business Admin degree and a 51 OAR score this most recent board. He did have an appraisal/interview with an O-6 SUPPO and tons of Supply Chain experience in the civilian sector. He also went into deep detail behind the low GPA on the motivational statement.

exNavyOffRec

I actually got a Supply guy in with a 2.64 GPA, Business Admin degree and a 51 OAR score this most recent board. He did have an appraisal/interview with an O-6 SUPPO and tons of Supply Chain experience in the civilian sector. He also went into deep detail behind the low GPA on the motivational statement.

Holy shit, did he run and buy a lottery ticket? he should have! that is definitely a one in a million.

I did have one person with a lower GPA get in and did talk about it in the motivational statement, if I remember right mom had terminal illness of some sort and the girl was taken care of her while going to college.

So I guess there is still some hope. On my second OAR and ASTB, if I do score let's say in the mid 60s would that be high enough for the people who decide to overlook my GPA? I'm studying my ass off and confident I will do significantly better than my first go around

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So I guess there is still some hope. On my second OAR and ASTB, if I do score let's say in the mid 60s would that be high enough for the people who decide to overlook my GPA? I'm studying my ass off and confident I will do significantly better than my first go around
I would say mid-50s+ OAR, & 6 6 6s+ ASTB would go a long way toward your being competitive for aviation.:)
BzB