• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Seeking advice on that first handgun or next weapon purchase? Ask AW!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's not about technical issues for me putting it in, it's about legal ones. Since the pistol is currently in it's home defense mode, I'd prefer to have everything factory/professionally installed (except the Hogue grips and SF light).

Nice looking Combat. The threaded barrel looks pretty sweet, but alas, I don't have a pistol suppressor, so I opted for no threads.

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Thanks for the compliment on the combat, glad to have something a little unique, now for her partner to get out of Class 3 jail...

Solid headwork on keeping it stock, I went back and forth with the same when my 226 kicked by G22 out of the HD role. Ultimately after research, simplicity of install, and no impact to trigger pull weight, I went with it. Figured since I was replacing the short trigger with the regular one, might as well put the short reset in. Hundreds of rounds and thousands of dry fires later no issue...

Now I really want a FDE M11, need a cheaper hobby...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a P228 with thousands of rounds through it I carried as a duty weapon for 20 years (unbelievably not now authorized by my agency). I always liked the trigger reset on my old P228 (says made in West Germany on the slide). Thought it was plenty short. Anyone know how the old P228 trigger reset may compare to the P229. I am thinking the P228 may have been shorter and when they went to the P229 it was changed, maybe for liability.

A7Dave

pilot
I've only handled a P226 with the SRT at the gun shop and it was sweet. Compared to the HK USP compact LEM reset (which I like and shoot well), the SRT was super smooth and very short. I bought a HK P30 with the LEM and it is a different animal from the original USP LEM - whether it was lawyered up or just screwed up, it stinks. there is so much movement and slop I had to double check I'd bought the right gun. When I find one, I'm trading in my P30 for an older USP Compact w/LEM. That shoots great.

That's why I'm getting a Sig for my big gun. Vastly better trigger.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I also shoot a H&K USP Compact .40 with LEM. I really don't care for the LEM. My bone stock P228 trigger is much better. I'll have to find a SRT set up and see what all the fuss is about.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's been a few years, so my memory may be faded, but I don't remember the trigger on an issue M11 being as long on the reset (and take up) as my stock 226. The M11 did have a longer reset than my 229 with a SRT, though. I got to shoot both the M11 and my 229 side by side at an end-of-FY shoot out and there was a difference, but not as substantial (from what I remember) as the 226.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's been a few years, so my memory may be faded, but I don't remember the trigger on an issue M11 being as long on the reset (and take up) as my stock 226. The M11 did have a longer reset than my 229 with a SRT, though. I got to shoot both the M11 and my 229 side by side at an end-of-FY shoot out and there was a difference, but not as substantial (from what I remember) as the 226.
That's interesting. Thanks. Now that my Sig is no longer my duty carry weapon I am free to work the trigger. Maybe I'll look into it.

A7Dave

pilot
I was fondling the M11 and the Mk25 at the local Cabelas over the weekend. The M11 had a very nice short reset trigger. The Mk25 was noticeably longer to release the trigger and get the reset after cycling the slide. The Mk25 also had the stamped and shaped trigger while the M11 had a slim, solid trigger.

haimehhh

anyone have experience with the new lock 43? answering back to the S&W mp shield but one less round. heard varying reports about the shields trigger pull. maybe it's been covered in here but 53 pages is significant haha

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
anyone have experience with the new lock 43? answering back to the S&W mp shield but one less round. heard varying reports about the shields trigger pull. maybe it's been covered in here but 53 pages is significant haha
Have to admit I missed the Glock 43 rollout. I am a big fan of the Shield, not a big Glock fan. I have a Glock 19 Gen 4 and see very little difference in the triggers. A friend has a Shield with some trigger work done and it IS pretty sweet. An improvement for sure. But I don't have a problem with the Shield trigger. It is a striker fired gun. Never going to get buttery smooth. And while the Shield has one more round, that only comes with the provided extra extended mag. I am sure there will be aftermarket extended mags for the -43. Let us know if you shoot one. My son just became a Magistrate Judge in VA. They enter and exit the building right next to the jail and use the same parking lot as the bad guys and their homeys. He is authorized concealed carry so we will be shopping for a new weapon for him soon.

haimehhh

I haven't shot the shield, either, but i've shot the M&P and the G42 fairly extensively and i guess i won't be able to make a call until i check it out for myself. i live in oxnard and zevtech i'm sure will be anxious to deck out the G43. i typically don't like the glock due to my hand shape and the archetypal brick feel of the glocks. in addition, the gen 4 mag release necessitates that i rotate my wrist completely to ensure full depression without adding an aftermarket release button

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Have to admit I missed the Glock 43 rollout. I am a big fan of the Shield, not a big Glock fan. I have a Glock 19 Gen 4 and see very little difference in the triggers.

I'm sorry for your issues. Obviously someone needs to take that G19 off your hands so you don't need to worry about it anymore. Just go ahead and send it down to FL. I'm here to help.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sorry for your issues. Obviously someone needs to take that G19 off your hands so you don't need to worry about it anymore. Just go ahead and send it down to FL. I'm here to help.
Thanks shipmate, but the Sheriff says I have to carry it since my Sig P228 was regulated out of the approved weapons. Actually I had a G19 and gave it to my son for college graduation since I didn't favor it in the first place. If only I knew you were willing to help out a bro. Just a few months later I was forced to buy another when Office policy changed. You can be sure that I'll check my arsenal for any other guns I don't like and send them down to you.