• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

RiceA

Two questions...

1) What is the age cutoff for an air contract with the Marines?
2) Anyone have an idea on what the next board for air contracts plans on meeting?

Your OSO is a great resource for both of those questions. I know a PLC board just went last month and another is slated to convene relatively soon (according to my OSO.) Does your signature not indicate you are applying for the April 2014 board?

cb812

SNA
Your OSO is a great resource for both of those questions. I know a PLC board just went last month and another is slated to convene relatively soon (according to my OSO.) Does your signature not indicate you are applying for the April 2014 board?

Yes, I will have a packet in for the next Navy SNA board. I am cutting it very close to aging out for a SNA spot so I am looking at what my next steps would be in case that happens, which is trying to get in on a Marine board. Last time I talked to my OSO, he did not know when the next Air board would be. He also mentioned that the Marines do not share the same age cutoff as the Navy, which is completing OCS before 27th b-day.

RiceA

Yes, I will have a packet in for the next Navy SNA board. I am cutting it very close to aging out for a SNA spot so I am looking at what my next steps would be in case that happens, which is trying to get in on a Marine board. Last time I talked to my OSO, he did not know when the next Air board would be. He also mentioned that the Marines do not share the same age cutoff as the Navy, which is completing OCS before 27th b-day.

http://www.marines.com/faq/-/asset_...col_id=column-1&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=2

Says their are waivers for 28+

JonTay

28 is the cutoff, waivers usually aren't difficult to acquire, as long as your OSO thinks you're worth the trouble.

Slingblade

Huge Member
pilot
Thank you, is 28 the normal age cutoff for both air and ground contracts?
Not a reply to your question, but noticed you went to SUU. I did as well graduating in 2000. Went through the Salt Lake City OSO right after since Las Vegas didn't have one. Thought it was cool to see someone from SUU. Most people have never even heard of the place. Best of luck to you.

cb812

SNA
Not a reply to your question, but noticed you went to SUU. I did as well graduating in 2000. Went through the Salt Lake City OSO right after since Las Vegas didn't have one. Thought it was cool to see someone from SUU. Most people have never even heard of the place. Best of luck to you.

That's awesome. You are the first person I have come across on all of the military OCS/OTS forums that has went to SUU. Great school, fun town, I enjoyed the hell out of that place.

The_Pants

The next Air board will be in September, they are expecting an increase in selection. How do I know, b/c I am double dipping. But if you go this route just know your OSO needs to get you into NAMI for a flight physical no later then May. This is what info was given to me by my OSO.

jmcquate

Contributor
Out of curiosity, are Captains still being stashed as PLC/OCS platoon commanders while wiating to class up for anphib warfare school?

Palmaaa

I am curious to know the percentage of of ground vs. air vs. law contracts. Of course there is no true answer but what do the ratios typically seem like? I assume law is a minuscule amount. Thoughts?

hurricane26

wanted an opinion from the community here. i am applying for OCS( well already have) and I'm going aviation and I'm taking the ASTB again for the second time around in 16 days. my PFT is a 292 and my first ASTB scores were 5/5/5 ( forget my OAR score). i graduated from a not so great state school with a GPA of 2.6. I'm 23 years old and i graduated with a community health science degree. my big question is how much my GPA will hurt me. it doesn't really matter cause i can't change it, just wanted to see if i could make up slack to make up for it.