• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

KingTurtle

You mention a "backlog" of OCS, but I feel like I have seen quite a few SNA/NFO applicants already get their FINSEL even though they just got the PRO Y back in February. I received my PRO Y during the same board, and can't help but start to feel nervous since it's been almost three weeks since my OR submitted all of my security clearance information and fingerprints... Still no word back.

Don't worry, I'm right there with you. PRO Y in February for SNA, got re-fingerprinted on the 20th. Haven't heard back either, but I'm guessing it'll be a while. My OR told me the FINSEL would get sent out two months before the OCS date, at the latest. He estimated my OCS date at July or August, so I'll really start to get nervous once June rolls around if I haven't heard back.

mhunter

None
You mention a "backlog" of OCS, but I feel like I have seen quite a few SNA/NFO applicants already get their FINSEL even though they just got the PRO Y back in February. I received my PRO Y during the same board, and can't help but start to feel nervous since it's been almost three weeks since my OR submitted all of my security clearance information and fingerprints... Still no word back.
The backlog is more so for NFO and SWO. NFOs from previous boards who had dates already have now been pushed back to the first Fy16 class which is July 26. The only people I've seen pushed through are pilots or age critical people. Your security clearance can take some time too. Once they actually started mine it took close to a month to finish even though they said mine was one of the easiest they've seen.

Edit: the person we were talking about specifically in that post was a SWO applicant who was age crit.

Last edited:

Chris18

@KingTurtle thanks for that. Helped calm my nerves a bit. My OR thinks my ship date will be mid/late summer as well. I'm just getting antsy. Gotta stay patient, I suppose.

@mhunter ah that makes sense now. Just about all of those people I was referring to were SNA.

monom

How does a recruiter know if an applicant is proy or not? Do they check themselves/have access for that information or is the information relayed to them by someone? I was told I should know by this week but I dont want to pester my recruiter if he has no control over obtaining that information.

Signup15

How does a recruiter know if an applicant is proy or not? Do they check themselves/have access for that information or is the information relayed to them by someone? I was told I should know by this week but I dont want to pester my recruiter if he has no control over obtaining that information.
From what I understand, it comes via message traffic. They can also check their CIRIMS system to results.

Jetnerd1123

Hey everyone,

I know it's still really soon, however, I was just wanting to see if any of the recent SWO PROREC-Ys had received their FINSEL. I know each case is different when it comes to being released from FINSEL Purgatory, but my curiosity has piqued me.

Thanks all!