• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

03 May 2015

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Post here for those who have been selected for the 3rd of May.
Your Application resume bodes well for success in OCS & Flight Training (especially if you opt for helos). Just curious, are you going to go rotary wing... or do you dream of becoming a "pointy-nosed Top Gun" carrier Pilot?;)

Either way, good luck in OCS and beyond!:)
BzB

helidj

Your Application resume bodes well for success in OCS & Flight Training (especially if you opt for helos). Just curious, are you going to go rotary wing... or do you dream of becoming a "pointy-nosed Top Gun" carrier Pilot?;)

Either way, good luck in OCS and beyond!:)
BzB
First of all thank you for the compliment! That is a great question and one I have thought a lot about. I would say in generally have a passion for aviation both fixed and rotary. In the civilian world, I was more interested by helicopters and the helicopter industry than I was by commercial airlines. Obviously there is more to civilian fixed wing aviation than commercial airlines, but that is where the majority of the jobs are located. In naval aviation however, I would fly anything.

In my current job, I am often asked by prospective students if they should fly airplanes or helicopters. My answer is another question of if they would rather wear dress shoes or work boots to work. I believe this question aptly differentiates between the industries and lifestyles with most helicopter pilots wanting to wear work boots, and most airplane pilots wanting to wear dress shoes. In naval aviation however, I don't believe this is the case (and please correct me if I am wrong) but I believe just about everyone is going to be more a work boots mentality and culture than dress shoes, no matter what aircraft they fly.

So to answer your question, if have the choice I will go for the helicopter side of things, and that is what I am shooting for. Having said that, if I ended up flying F-18's, or COD's, or P-8's, or anything the Navy has in its aircraft fleet, I am going to be one happy camper.

Last edited:
Greetings!
I received my FINSEL letter for 20150503 and wanted to connect with as many of you as possible before we meet in Newport. I have a lot to learn from everyone and look forward to meeting you men and women of such strong character. After my swear in I was advised to check this forum and even Facebook. It doesn't look like there is a Facebook group for our upcoming OCS Class; but we can form one soon as more people join this forum thread.

helidj

Greetings!
I received my FINSEL letter for 20150503 and wanted to connect with as many of you as possible before we meet in Newport. I have a lot to learn from everyone and look forward to meeting you men and women of such strong character. After my swear in I was advised to check this forum and even Facebook. It doesn't look like there is a Facebook group for our upcoming OCS Class; but we can form one soon as more people join this forum thread.
What is your designator?

helidj

Checking in for the 3rd of may.
Welcome! It's only three of us right now, but I am sure we will grow in size.

What kind of PT scores are you guys getting right now? I just want to see where I am in comparison to everyone else. I am doing the run in about 12:40 and doing 58 crunches and 52 push ups.

AMDO87

I just found out today that I will be part of this class! I am a 1520 (AMDO) selectee! I am currently an AT1 on active duty and have served for 10 years. I have served in an F/A-18 squadron in the past so for you Naval Aviators that are non-priors if you have any questions regarding 18s, or the Navy in general let me know. Although my experience is from the enlisted side of the house and might not be directly related to the officer community in all aspects I will try my best to answer any questions you may have.

AMDO87

Welcome! It's only three of us right now, but I am sure we will grow in size.

What kind of PT scores are you guys getting right now? I just want to see where I am in comparison to everyone else. I am doing the run in about 12:40 and doing 58 crunches and 52 push ups.

I am currently getting about 90 curl ups, 77 push ups, and I usually finish the run around 10:10, but I'm hitting the gym hard to lower my run time and increase my push ups.