• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Spookcumber

Back to the whole acceptable minimalist shoe thing, would these work?
https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/womens-ua-speedform-apollo-vent/pid1252301-001
I recently got these and really like running in them. I hate traditional running shoes. They just seem so bulky and heavy to me. Any input on these would be great!
Those would be fine for in the summer in my opinion, but I feel like they'd get destroyed within 3-5 weeks considering how much you'll be wearing them and if they got wet they look like they wouldn't block out any outside moisture from puddles/snow getting into them.

mhunter

None
Those would be fine but I feel like they'd get destroyed within 3-5 weeks considering how much you'll be wearing them.
Yea, I'm currently trying to see how long they will hold up to heavy running. I guess if they hold up pretty well, I will get another pair like them to bring. Of course I'll have a spare. Thanks for your response!

positivepete

I'm AD on my way to OCS in a little over a month. Wondering do I get ahead and start changing the nametape on my uniforms or wait to I get there fpor them to do it? Also do I have to call in advance to tell them i'm driving a personal vehicle?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I'm AD on my way to OCS in a little over a month. Wondering do I get ahead and start changing the nametape on my uniforms or wait to I get there fpor them to do it? Also do I have to call in advance to tell them i'm driving a personal vehicle?
They'll change the nametapes at OCS at the uniform shop. I don't recall letting them know in advance about POV's, but I know people with POV's split off on check-in day to move them from the seawall to wherever they park them now (it used to be by USS Saratoga before it was moved).

Someone with more recent info can check me on that, I'm almost two years out now.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
A person like myself who has Afro texture hair, and anything could be damaging, are we aloud to wear all blackened swimming caps? Lol, but very serious!

Interesting situation. You might be able to get a medical chit for it, but they probably won't care because its cosmetic and not hazardous to your health.

Workingoutsidemyfield

Interesting situation. You might be able to get a medical chit for it, but they probably won't care because its cosmetic and not hazardous to your health.

LOL, chlorine is hazardous to African American hair lol. Especially those that hair mats with a 4c texture. We call it carpet like without moisture.