• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any EDO Bubbas on AW?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
So I've been putting together my lat transfer package to hop over to the EDO community for the upcoming board in June. I was wondering if there were any EDOs skulking around the boards who could offer advice. Also, my CO would like to see an endorsement letter from someone who made it through the transfer process successfully. If anyone would be willing to provide a copy of there's, I'd be most appreciative. As always, thank you.

BigRed389

None
So I've been putting together my lat transfer package to hop over to the EDO community for the upcoming board in June. I was wondering if there were any EDOs skulking around the boards who could offer advice. Also, my CO would like to see an endorsement letter from someone who made it through the transfer process successfully. If anyone would be willing to provide a copy of there's, I'd be most appreciative. As always, thank you.

Yup. I'll see if I can dig it up.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend contacting the EDO detailer/OCM. They will probably tell you to contact the nearest senior EDO for a sitdown. Getting a LOR from a senior EDO (O-6) lets the board (more accurately, the EDO rep on the board) know that you've had somebody in the community get to know you somewhat, and provide you with enough information to give you some idea what you're getting into.

The community is very big (almost overly so) on mentoring, so don't be shy about reaching out. When I contacted the new accessions EDO OCM, he provided me the POC for the nearest EDO O-4 to set me up for an interview with his O-6. They didn't know me, didn't need anything from me, but they set everything up to get me a few meetings with several resulting in a signed LOR back in under 3 weeks.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
That's good to know. I'm talking to some dudes at the local RMC and am going to be attending the junior EDO mentoring sessions. I've also talked to the new accessions detailer and he was very helpful. I just want to make it on the first try. My previous experiences redesignating have left me a little gun shy.