• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help Determining OCS App Strength

HTR

pilot
I had thought that except for those on AD NFO applications were on hold.

just because you have pilot knowledge and are a prior AM don't count on a certain score, I have had private pilot that was also an instructor pilot get 5's and 6's
Can Confirm.
I am an Instructor with 1000 hrs. I scored a 6/6/6. I killed aviation knowledge, but the flight portion is nothing like real flying.

Gillie1985

I agree that it's different,Ii hear that a lot. I just wanted to see if it was possible to get picked up with a 38 OAR with my current GPA being 3.41, it just want up due to another class being graded. It should be up to at least a 3.6 my graduation. Yet if i was to pull off 8's or 9's across the board is it possible to still get pick up since my OAR is passing, yet not high and my GPA is high compared to what they are looking for.

Napper

Diggin' the PNW
pilot
I had a 2.76 GPA but crushed the ASTB, something like 8/8/9. A low GPA can be compensated for especially if you have a good reason. Focus on what you can, as in study for the test like it actually matters and knock it out of the park, and hope for good timing.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I agree that it's different,Ii hear that a lot. I just wanted to see if it was possible to get picked up with a 38 OAR with my current GPA being 3.41, it just want up due to another class being graded. It should be up to at least a 3.6 my graduation. Yet if i was to pull off 8's or 9's across the board is it possible to still get pick up since my OAR is passing, yet not high and my GPA is high compared to what they are looking for.

with aviation the ASTB is king, seen several with high GPA's be non selects because their ASTB was not good, seen many like Napper get in like he did.

connolly10574

I recently took OAR (49) and have a BA degree in Criminal Justice with overall gpa of 2.93/4.0. I've contacted my recruiter trying to get his advice to apply or not. I know my gpa is low and my OAR score is mediocre. Want to apply to SWO, INTEL, Supply. What are your thoughts? Thank you in advance!!

exNavyOffRec

I recently took OAR (49) and have a BA degree in Criminal Justice with overall gpa of 2.93/4.0. I've contacted my recruiter trying to get his advice to apply or not. I know my gpa is low and my OAR score is mediocre. Want to apply to SWO, INTEL, Supply. What are your thoughts? Thank you in advance!!

your best shot is SWO, you are not competitive for Supply or Intel it is your GPA and degree that will kill you for those 2 designators.

tluong14

Check out the PDF file regarding competitive profiles.

Attachments

• Navy Officer Positions Competitive Profiles (PM Reviewed 2014.06.01).pdf
    9.2 MB · Views: 90

exNavyOffRec

Really? Could you send me the link? Thanks.

search function is your friend on this site, I would look for post from RUFIO, he has put out info on recent selects and what NRC has wanted, and "competitive" even when recent doesn't mean much, for a while they said 7's on the ASTB were competitive for SNA, but only those with high GPA's and 7's were getting selected and that wasn't many most were 8's and 9's.

kim meeks

How competitive is it for a 3.73 GPA with a 45OAR? I applied for the board convening March 9th(IW/SWO-IW/INTEL OPTIONS), I have been in the Navy 9years currently and OS1...My NCC said my package is strong but I am not sure how locked up that community is...Any advice?

exNavyOffRec

How competitive is it for a 3.73 GPA with a 45OAR? I applied for the board convening March 9th(IW/SWO-IW/INTEL OPTIONS), I have been in the Navy 9years currently and OS1...My NCC said my package is strong but I am not sure how locked up that community is...Any advice?

IDC likes AD/prior, they like those in IDC rates, high GPA's, tech degrees, if a person has all that, they have a good chance, anything else is a crap-shoot considering they have such a low selection rate (about 10%)

If you are a non select this time try for something that has good selection rate, if you meet age requirements.

RickD

Currently awaiting my EPR's from MPRC. Once I get those, I'll see if I can move on to actually compiling a package. I sure hope to do so. Feeling like I'm at the mercy of some old crusty and dusty microfiche filled room and an intern thumbing through a card catalog looking for my record. I'm comfortable with my GPA of 3.93 from Northeastern and my work experience. Just watching the clock tick.

kim meeks

I
IDC likes AD/prior, they like those in IDC rates, high GPA's, tech degrees, if a person has all that, they have a good chance, anything else is a crap-shoot considering they have such a low selection rate (about 10%)

If you are a non select this time try for something that has good selection rate, if you meet age requirements.

I am currently an OS1, which is very close but not in the IDC community, my degree is in Business Management with a 3.73GPA. This is my second time applying. The first time I did not have my degree in hand before I submitted but had it prior to the board convening, which is required if you are on active duty. I have an LOR from a CDR, and my interviews are with 2 LT's and a CDR. I am only 27 so I don't have to worry about any of the age requirements yet. Thank you for the information!