• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

Submitted my app this week listing my choices as 1.) NFO and 2.) SWO. I know NFO is closed for civs until further notice (per Rufio and others) but I'd like to get selected for SWO to have an immediate backup in the event I am prorec-N for NFO. If you're wondering why I didn't go SNA as well, I'm PDQ'd based on depth perception. So it's NFO and SWO.

Now the question is, if selected for SWO, should I take it? How much longer until NFO opens up for civs? I can't wait around in the civilian world forever, I need to be in the Navy. My dream is being in aviation, but am I willing to wait around for an indefinitely delayed NFO board? I don't know. I have a paying job, fine housing, but I want in NOW. Lol.

Welcome to everybody else new here. Hope to see you in RI boys, one way or the other.

exNavyOffRec

Submitted my app this week listing my choices as 1.) NFO and 2.) SWO. I know NFO is closed for civs until further notice (per Rufio and others) but I'd like to get selected for SWO to have an immediate backup in the event I am prorec-N for NFO. If you're wondering why I didn't go SNA as well, I'm PDQ'd based on depth perception. So it's NFO and SWO.

Now the question is, if selected for SWO, should I take it? How much longer until NFO opens up for civs? I can't wait around in the civilian world forever, I need to be in the Navy. My dream is being in aviation, but am I willing to wait around for an indefinitely delayed NFO board? I don't know. I have a paying job, fine housing, but I want in NOW. Lol.

Welcome to everybody else new here. Hope to see you in RI boys, one way or the other.

If NFO is still going to be closed for civilians at the next board then when the processors at NRC get your application you will be pro X for NFO, so SWO will be the only thing you would be considered for, if SWO is a N then you would have to re-apply. if SWO is a yes then you will be processed for SWO as that would be technically the only designator you are board eligible for.

If NFO is still going to be closed for civilians at the next board then when the processors at NRC get your application you will be pro X for NFO, so SWO will be the only thing you would be considered for, if SWO is a N then you would have to re-apply. if SWO is a yes then you will be processed for SWO as that would be technically the only designator you are board eligible for.

Why wouldn't the app be in limbo until my first choice of NFO made a decision? I thought that's how it worked? Thanks for the reply.

exNavyOffRec

Why wouldn't the app be in limbo until my first choice of NFO made a decision? I thought that's how it worked? Thanks for the reply.

If a designator is closed then they won't accept applications and any that are rec'd would be rejected, if a designator is open but the board is moved for one reason or another then they can push the applications, I have also seen them push a board out several months and reject all those waiting to get the forms updated.

The next board could take FY 16 accessions, if so then they would not pro X your application as long as they are going to select non AD NFO's.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
NRC just moved a ton of NFO Selectees to FY16 and have even more from this months board awaiting FINSEL letters. As such, there's a huge backlog which is why they are holding off applications until things start moving again.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

NRC is not accepting NFO applications at this time for civilian applicants. You cannot submit or else NRC will remove it from consideration.

Think of it like college, how can you get accepted if they wont accept applications at a certain time? Same logic.

sharkbait1

pilot
So with the Internet raging about the color of this blue and black or white and gold dress or whatever, I'm glad I passed the color plate test with flying colors :D (see what I did there?)

exNavyOffRec

NRC is not accepting NFO applications at this time for civilian applicants. You cannot submit or else NRC will remove it from consideration.

Think of it like college, how can you get accepted if they wont accept applications at a certain time? Same logic.

good analogy

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
I'm hoping to get a gauge for the time line while we're in this board limbo.

If things go as fast as they reasonably can, how long will it take to get FINSEL after a pro-rec Y? How long after that would you get your OCS date? How long after that would your OCS date be?

So that's the fast track...how long would be the average times be?

Thanks for the insights!

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
I've been told that it's about 6 months between Pro-rec Y and OCS date, assuming no backlog, someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I'm wrong

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
I've been told that it's about 6 months between Pro-rec Y and OCS date, assuming no backlog, someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I'm wrong
Thanks for the reply. Are things every fast-tracked a bit with age-critical guys? I turn 27 in next February so the latest I think that I can start OCS and comfortably commission on time is October

MemphisBell

pilot
Hey guys,

So I'm suppose to go to MEPS this week to qualify for a SNA slot. However, I'm trying to get a grasp on how hard the color vision test is. I know they use the ishihara dot test and I have taken just about every one that is available on the internet. Out of the 60+ slides that I have looked at, I have a hard time seeing 4. Being that if I don't pass this test it could ruin my dream of flying for the navy, I was wondering is anyone could give a gauge on this test and if I should be worried. I’ll try to attach the 4 slides that I have hard time seeing.

Attachments

• plate07.jpg
    plate07.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 35
  • plate08.jpg
    plate08.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 34
  • plate09.jpg
    plate09.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 33
  • plate10.jpg
    plate10.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 32

CGrissom15

I would suggest trying to not get worked up about it.. not much you can do about it if you are truly color deficient. The more you over-think and over-analyze the test, the more likely you are to screw it up. Just go in and do what they tell you, they're not hard to see assuming your color vision is fine. Good luck!

sharkbait1

pilot
Hey guys,

So I'm suppose to go to MEPS this week to qualify for a SNA slot. However, I'm trying to get a grasp on how hard the color vision test is. I know they use the ishihara dot test and I have taken just about every one that is available on the internet. Out of the 60+ slides that I have looked at, I have a hard time seeing 4. Being that if I don't pass this test it could ruin my dream of flying for the navy, I was wondering is anyone could give a gauge on this test and if I should be worried. I’ll try to attach the 4 slides that I have hard time seeing.
They also use a particular lamp over the color plates for that test to ensure accurate color. The pixel colors aren't consistent when reproduced on computer monitors, so if you are having trouble seeing differences on a low contrast LCD screen, that doesn't mean you'll run into problems at MEPS. Also, running into issues at MEPS doesn't mean irrevocable NPQ. I'm sure there are guys on here who have gone the route of having alternate color testing elsewhere. Remember, just stay persistent and don't take no for an answer (at least when you know there is another option).

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
Thanks for the reply. Are things every fast-tracked a bit with age-critical guys? I turn 27 in next February so the latest I think that I can start OCS and comfortably commission on time is October
I'm currently 22, so I have boo experience as to that, hopefully Rufio or NavyOffRec will be able to get back to you soon