• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-Ish 2015 SWO Rolling Board Thread

banjosquirrel

Thank you for this information, sir. Since SWO is a rolling board, does that mean they reconvene once they have enough applications?

I was very disappointed to find out today that my kit wasn't received by the Feb 4 deadline, although my OR told me on multiple occasions that it would make this board. My worry now is that parts of my package will expire; will I need to go to MEPS again (qualified on Jan 5) or get letters of recommendation updated? Also, based on the high number of ProRec-Ys at this week's board, do you think there is a chance that more SWO boards for this FY will be cancelled? My OR is a bit slow to keep me posted on stuff so I just want to make sure I've got plenty of time to do anything I need to do before another deadline comes and goes.

Thanks again for all of the incredibly helpful information that you always post.

USSMaximus

You and me both Banjo. This will be my 3rd board....I haven't had to go to MEPS again, but they have to re-take your body weight and height every 6 months, and there are little things here and there that just need to be updated after a while. I don't need to get new LORs, so I am sure you're fine too. Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if SWO boards get canceled for a while, and if it does convene in May, it will probably be a low selection rate, which is fantastic considering I missed 2 boards with high selection rates...

USSMaximus

My recruiter has been telling me March/April for a while, so who knows...Looks like it's just you and me for right now Banjo. The May-ish SNA/SNFO thread is already on like 8 or so pages, haha.

And yet my recruiter claims that SWO is no longer accepting applications and won't be until October? Something here doesn't add up...

He told me not to pull and resubmit my Intel / IW kit with a SWO kit right now, because there was no point. He said no new SWO kits would go forward until October at the earliest. So... is he completely wrong?

Anyone know where Rufio gets his info / where he is? It's always been right in my experience, but just curious.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

And yet my recruiter claims that SWO is no longer accepting applications and won't be until October? Something here doesn't add up...

He told me not to pull and resubmit my Intel / IW kit with a SWO kit right now, because there was no point. He said no new SWO kits would go forward until October at the earliest. So... is he completely wrong?

Anyone know where Rufio gets his info / where he is? It's always been right in my experience, but just curious.

He gets it direct from NRC

So SWO is not at all closed, is still accepting kits, and I was given false or wrong information by my recruiter?

USSMaximus

Your recruiter might be saying what RUFIO mentioned a long time ago. He said that since there is a backlog of SWOs right now, anyone who gets selected for SWO (starting with this past board) is for FY16, meaning they won't go to OCS until around October.

Also, with this past board having a pretty good selection rate (sigh...), and around 60 people already in backlog before them (double sigh...), it's possible that the next SWO board will either be canceled due to meeting quota, or it will be pretty selective.

Your recruiter might be saying what RUFIO mentioned a long time ago. He said that since there is a backlog of SWOs right now, anyone who gets selected for SWO (starting with this past board) is for FY16, meaning they won't go to OCS until around October.

Also, with this past board having a pretty good selection rate (sigh...), and around 60 people already in backlog before them (double sigh...), it's possible that the next SWO board will either be canceled due to meeting quota, or it will be pretty selective.

Shipping in Oct is a lot different than not even getting selected until then. I suppose I'll wait for more info. I was told there was literally no harm in waiting until closer to October to pull my kit and resubmit as SWO 1st choice, since it was expected to close entirely after this last board. If that's not the case though it makes more sense I suppose to go through the trouble of pulling and getting everything redone, rather than missing another board entirely.

I'm beginning to suspect though that my OR / Processor just don't want to have to pull the kit after it was already submitted.

I wish there was a better way to get official information, and the entire process was not so opaque.

USSMaximus

There have been a lot of people who have had their ORs tell them that SWO has been closed till October for the past couple of months. However, it was really just the shipping time frame.

If SWO was actually full, RUFIO would have said it by now, since he gets his information straight from the NRD. Instead, he has posted that there will be a board around May-ish. It could be earlier, or it could be later. It could be a low selection rate, but a board is a board, and I better not miss this one too...

I'm in the very very early stages of getting my packet together (i.e. just took OAR). Hopefully I can get my packet together and get into this board!

My advice, don't drag your feet at all. It took my OR weeks after I got him all my info to get everything submitted, and some of the info you have to track down can be a nightmare.