• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS color vision test

MemphisBell

pilot
Hey guys,

So I'm suppose to go to MEPS this week to qualify for a SNA slot. However, I'm trying to get a grasp on how hard the color vision test it. I know they use the ishihara dot test and I have taken just about ever one that is available on the internet. Out of the 60+ slides that I have looked at, I have a hard time seeing 4. Being that if I don't pass this test it could ruin my dream of flying for the navy, I was wondering if anyone who has taken the test at MEPS could give a gauge on this test and if I should be worried. Ill try to attach the 4 slides that I have a hard time seeing.

Attachments

• plate07.jpg
    plate07.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 43
  • plate08.jpg
    plate08.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 45
  • plate09.jpg
    plate09.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 38
  • plate10.jpg
    plate10.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 40

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
Hey guys,

So I'm suppose to go to MEPS this week to qualify for a SNA slot. However, I'm trying to get a grasp on how hard the color vision test it. I know they use the ishihara dot test and I have taken just about ever one that is available on the internet. Out of the 60+ slides that I have looked at, I have a hard time seeing 4. Being that if I don't pass this test it could ruin my dream of flying for the navy, I was wondering if anyone who has taken the test at MEPS could give a gauge on this test and if I should be worried. Ill try to attach the 4 slides that I have a hard time seeing.
I've never had an issue with my vision regarding both acuity and color (aside from a small, within standards, astigmatism in one eye), but I missed one more than the allowable number of these plates during my color vision test at MEPS. I didn't sleep much the night before, nerves and whatnot, and had been up since 3:30 AM to drive out there as I did not get a hotel reservation. As such, I had a pretty tough time with some of the eye tests, as well as an uncharacteristically high blood pressure. Fortunately the Navy also allows the use of the Falant lantern to check color-vision, and I missed zero on that test. Very easy. If you are confident that you do not have any legitimate issue with color sensitivity, I assume you will do just fine. Get some sleep and be hydrated when you go!

TexasTools

None
I'm an SNFO in Advanced (I'm PQ for SNA, just didn't get it) and I have the opposite problem. There's probably a total of 4 Ishihara plates that I can see. I have to do the FALANT every time, and it's not a problem. If you can get that many correct on the plates, don't sweat it.

Get some sleep and be hydrated when you go!

Follow this advice and you'll be fine.

oceanov

MEPS Medical Technician
I am a corpsman currently working at a MEPS medical. You are given 3 seconds to look at each of the 14 slides. You can have up to two misses. After the two misses, you fail the test.
The 4 images you posted are actually harder than the real test.