• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dark brown flight boots? When did that happen?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
The Red Wings people mention are these. Have seen some folks get shit on for wearing them in regards to the Safety Center stuff.
Got it...thanks, SynixMan.

Those 2233 Red Wings (1st pic below) look fantabulous...old school like my old flight boots (2nd pic below)...not "busy" looking on the side. I bet the Red Wings look even more fantabulous when fully broken-in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    947.8 KB · Views: 181

Pags

N/A
pilot
Got it...thanks, SynixMan.

Those 2233 Red Wings (1st pic below) look fantabulous...old school like my old flight boots (2nd pic below)...not "busy" looking on the side. I bet the Red Wings look even more fantabulous when fully broken-in.
I'll also throw out a vote for the 2233s. Look great and feel fantastic; they're probably one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
...And yes, I'm kind of a flight gear nut.
Yes, you are!

And that's good...tons of information in your post #15...and that old version of the flight clothing pub is pretty cool...all the stuff is in there!

Thanks for all the information.

:cool:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My Red Wings (circa 2002) were great at the time, but the next two sets of Bellvilles I got I found to be more comfortable, so much so that I even had one set resoled. I'm on my third set of Bellevilles now and I'm not finding it to be as comfortable, so I end up switching between my second set and my new ones. Maybe I should break out my Red Wings again, although having just looked at them, the soles are pretty much gone and the leather has some cuts from boat life. I wonder if it's worth sending them off to boot FRC and getting a rework.

That was one thing I found to be an issue with the Red Wings...they were pretty slick on the ship's non-skid, especially if there was a remote trace of some sort of POL mixed into the water, which was pretty much always.

brownshoe

Contributor

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Where do you buy the 2233s? I see them listed but can't seem to find a retailer.

OscarMyers

None
Where do you buy the 2233s? I see them listed but can't seem to find a retailer.

Pretty sure any Redwing store location can get them. I picked up mine a couple weeks ago at their Virginia Beach store. Dude already had a bunch in stock and gave a nice military discount along with a handful of brown laces, if you aren't into the bright yellow ones.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Pretty sure any Redwing store location can get them. I picked up mine a couple weeks ago at their Virginia Beach store. Dude already had a bunch in stock and gave a nice military discount along with a handful of brown laces, if you aren't into the bright yellow ones.

Thanks! I'll head over there and pick up a pair for myself. My heels and arches just aren't liking the Belleviles anymore.