• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

nrodda90

SWOtivated
No worries about dates…I applied for the June board but news of the board convening didn't come out until after the fact. Recruiters started calling saying that "The board convened last week with results coming in two weeks." Just FYI information isn't always passed down as quickly as intended. And trust me the wait for your FINSEL is worse then selection. Purgatory is the perfect word. Good luck to you guys!!!

No worries about dates…I applied for the June board but news of the board convening didn't come out until after the fact. Recruiters started calling saying that "The board convened last week with results coming in two weeks." Just FYI information isn't always passed down as quickly as intended. And trust me the wait for your FINSEL is worse then selection. Purgatory is the perfect word. Good luck to you guys!!!

I'd rather be waiting for a FINSEL than for a fucking board. At least at that point you're almost guaranteed to be in the Navy unless you hid something from the background check or can't pass a PFT.

Seattle throwing the ball on the goal line with 20 seconds left is almost as wtf as this thread. Being an Oregon Duck fan from the NW hoping for Seattle to make us happy again, just kill me

exNavyOffRec

Seattle throwing the ball on the goal line with 20 seconds left is almost as wtf as this thread. Being an Oregon Duck fan from the NW hoping for Seattle to make us happy again, just kill me

everyone wanting Seattle to win said WTF why did they throw it, everyone wanting NE to win said WTF just happened, they threw it?

mhunter

None
everyone wanting Seattle to win said WTF why did they throw it, everyone wanting NE to win said WTF just happened, they threw it?
Just like this past week for us here. Everyone who's had kits submitted is saying hell yes, a board date. Everyone who's finishing up is saying wtf, no! Not yet! Thankfully I'm on the Pats side of this argument... Unlike tonight.

AttackCanary

Just to add another opinion about the board date...

I just spoke with my recruiter and he said a date has NOT been set for SNA board.
He was speculating that it would probably be AFTER the SWO board and then proceeded to give me an explanation I didn't really understand. So...

I'm going to go wth the idea that the SNA board isn't happening this week and a date has not been set. Which is convenient for me since I haven't recieved my N3M letter yet. Speaking of, how long after MEPS did it take for you guys to get yours?

bluehens15

So looks like my kit will be submitted today...

Can anyone clarify this "Pro-y" and "Finsel" stuff? I haven't recieved any kind of date for anything yet.
Pro-Y basically means you've been selected by the board.

You're FINSEL is the letter that tells you your OCS date, comes usually 1-2 months before your report date

KnightFlight

Okay so you submit your kit, the board says "okay you can go to flight school". That is the Pro-Y.

Then you basically wait until you find out what OCS class you are in, and that is the FINSEL date.

Got it. This explains why I have no dates yet haha.
PROREC - Y- Professionally recommended to go to OCS.
FINSEL - Final select letter containing your actual OCS date.
If you make it through OCS and pass the NAMI (flight physical), then you go to Pensacola for the first phase of flight school.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
PROREC - Y- Professionally recommended to go to OCS.
FINSEL - Final select letter containing your actual OCS date.
If you make it through OCS and pass the NAMI (flight physical), then you go to Pensacola for the first phase of flight school.

PROREC Y - Professionally recommended pending additional documentation (N3M letter, Security Clearance, etc.). This is NOT an official selection and especially this is NOT a Selection Letter.
FINSEL - Officially selected .