• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Living on The Boat

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Speaking of boat idiots, we had some room inspection happen at like 0700 morning after everyone in the 4 man had been on the last OEF recovery, waving said recovery, or on duty (ie we all got to bed around 0300). Idiot E-9 barges into room starts clowning around about electrical devices. Bunk mate says something half awake like "don't worry master chief everything is tagged" while his Xbox is clearly not tagged and plugged in. Needless to say we failed but I wish we would have collectively jumped the guy. Too much ambien and not enough giving a shit I guess. Wave 2 brief was really good after that.....fucking morons

jtmedli

pilot
Speaking of boat idiots, we had some room inspection happen at like 0700 morning after everyone in the 4 man had been on the last OEF recovery, waving said recovery, or on duty (ie we all got to bed around 0300). Idiot E-9 barges into room starts clowning around about electrical devices. Bunk mate says something half awake like "don't worry master chief everything is tagged" while his Xbox is clearly not tagged and plugged in. Needless to say we failed but I wish we would have collectively jumped the guy. Too much ambien and not enough giving a shit I guess. Wave 2 brief was really good after that.....fucking morons

They came by to do mine at 0730 after I got off PM SDO and I told them to GTFO and come back later. I wasn't having that crap after an 18 hour (most of which was at night) day.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Too cold and noisy. During my 06 west-coast CVN deployment, the ship's leadership thought they would tamp down fan room encounters by creating a SOTS (Sex On The Ship) team where after taps, they would sneak around various random fan rooms looking for people in the act. I think it has some effect....
Yeah, people find other places to fuck. Like inside the helos...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The two lovebirds up on the flight deck in port hadn't quite gotten there yet, but they did tell a shadowy figure to go fuck itself. Which turned out to be Big XO making his rounds.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
And the Helo Control shack. Heard a story about an air det guy (AZ type I think) getting caught in the act with 2 ship's company simultaneously.

Had a couple of Marines try that one...the big concern was more of how did they get in.

We had to remind the embarked Marines on a regular basis that we had NVG's and FLIR monoculars on the bridge and used them on a regular basis...so although they thought they were being all sneaky going out to the fo'c'sle in a pitch black night, they were in fact just putting on shows.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
1) Baby wipes for when the ROs shit the bed and you have water hours.

2) TV in the stateroom is pretty clutch.

3) Put velcro on the roof of your rack so you can lay in bed and watch movies on your tablet.

4) Double up on the rack curtains to get maximum darkness.

5) Carpet. So nice, so very nice.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Random question...
Putting together ribbons/medals. I've ordered the whole ribbon rack.

The medals are a chunk of change. Can I do top five, three, or should I do all nine?