• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

exNavyOffRec

So, my boss just found out that I am applying to become a naval aviator. Basically, a coworker of mine, who is a former marine was bragging about how I had applied to be a pilot and how he was so proud even though I was gonna be a squid *sniff*, and anyways my boss overheard -.- I work for a very large corporation that has a ton of government and defense contracts. My boss told me how disappointed he was in me... Goddamn I hope this board comes soon. I don't think he can fire me... Crossing my fingers I get SNA.

your boss sounds like a tool.

KnightFlight

For those of us without a current security clearance, need to provide a current employer reference. So they'll find out when they get the email from the OR :)

This being said, been sorting out MEPS paperwork since October :/
Solid point. My previous employers were contacted about my clearance.

Al. Poison

I have chosen to not tell my employer of my plans to join the USN until I have my OCS date set in stone. I don't see the real need to do so because you will have plenty of time to give notice between the time you are given your OCS date and when you actually go to OCS.
There's no need to adversely affect your work environment if it is not needed. Although if you do work for a firm where you could be put on a project/task that could be several years long, then it may be a good idea to let them know of your plans so they can assign that to someone else. Or so they can at least have a heads up that you may be leaving the company prior to finishing the project. This does apply to me but I have yet to run into an issue.
Just my two cents on letting your employer know you want to join...
This is exactly my situation. I timed it so that if I get accepted I will be leaving right around the close out of my project. Although, I didn't want for him to find out until I heard back from the board. Such is life. The next project is a much longer one, so I was hoping to train the new guy through the end of my project.

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
If the professional recommendation board for SNA/SNFO is indeed on 3 FEB, we would have passed the deadline for submission, correct? My OR is putting the last pieces of my kit together and I believe it was looking like I'd be submitted at the end of this week (30 JAN). Pretty unfortunate for me if it is Tuesday.

Seems strange that @RUFiO181 or anyone else wouldn't have heard anything as of yet if it is Tuesday. Is it possible they would hold a fleet-only SNFO board without SNA or does that simply not happen?

Last edited:

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
Just spoke with my OR, I sent him an email this morning about it so he gave the PM a call and was told that the board was 4 FEB 15 so it sounds like it is at least next week. He also said that since it's a rolling board that as long as the kit arrives by 3 FEB 15 that it would be considered. That seems contradictory to what I've been told in the past though. Anyone able to clarify?

slater44

None
If the professional recommendation board for SNA/SNFO is indeed on 3 FEB, we would have passed the deadline for submission, correct? My OR is putting the last pieces of my kit together and I believe it was looking like I'd be submitted at the end of this week (30 JAN). Pretty unfortunate for me if it is Tuesday.

Seems strange that @RUFiO181 or anyone else wouldn't have heard anything as of yet if it is Tuesday. Is it possible they would hold a fleet-only SNFO board without SNA or does that simply not happen?
She specifically told me Pilot/NFO board for next week. As for submissions, she said you can submit but no guarantee it will be seen at the next board.

Subhunter116

SubHunter116
I just spoke to the OCS help desk and they said the NFO/ SWO boards are held together, so If NFO is next week than SWO is as well, according to them.

MagicMagic

I just spoke to the OCS help desk and they said the NFO/ SWO boards are held together, so If NFO is next week than SWO is as well, according to them.

That's strange, because I am staring at an email from the help desk saying 23FEB2015. Perhaps the 2 is a typo? Hah! That'd be pretty awesome.

Subhunter116

SubHunter116
Rufio has not confirmed any dates, and the FPs are putting out conflicting info. I am back to square one and just assuming the board takes place sometime in FEBRUARY. All the AD guys know that the Navy changes dates at times down to final moments anyways.