• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

01 MAR 15

Whitefoot

None
Honestly, I say you probably will, however all of us "noobs" will most likely bombard you with questions come March. You've been warned lol
haha I expect that. I have been in for 6.5 years, but it has all been in the Coast Guard. I may be able to answer some questions regarding the military, rank structuring, **Caugh**moboards**cough**but everything Navy specific will be new to moi.

My money says you will, though I don't know for sure. Even for active duty applicants, you're on the high end of the scale right? Ahh well, with age comes wisdom right? You can teach us all a thing or two, I'm sure!
I think I am, I had to get an age waiver since I turn 28 during OCS.

Dirty Diana

Damn. Looks like the rest of us are just fightin' for 2nd, folks! :)

Haha I'm still not sure if he is hinting towards the fact that the pt standards are lower for the "old guys" or he is just that macho. If money is being put down, my money is on the SPECWAR guy, but aren't we in this together? One team one fight or something like that.

Whitefoot

None
Haha I'm still not sure if he is hinting towards the fact that the pt standards are lower for the "old guys" or he is just that macho. If money is being put down, my money is on the SPECWAR guy, but aren't we in this together? One team one fight or something like that.
That is what I was thinking too. (I was making a play on a quote from the Guardian). From the sounds of it @PhoJoe is in an even higher age group than I am ...but wait a second...are you calling us "old"? :-D It is all in good fun.

PhoJoe

@Dirty Diana We are in this together, but in my experience healthy competition can motivate a group to perform at a higher level. I am older, but there is a strong possibility I will not be the oldest, which doesn't matter anyways. There is no honor graduate at OCS, just newly commissioned officers. That is a very important point to remember as we go to enter class. "The nail that stands out is the first to get hammered."

Whitefoot

None
@Dirty Diana We are in this together, but in my experience healthy competition can motivate a group to perform at a higher level. I am older, but there is a strong possibility I will not be the oldest, which doesn't matter anyways. There is no honor graduate at OCS, just newly commissioned officers. That is a very important point to remember as we go to enter class. "The nail that stands out is the first to get hammered."
Who could possibly be older than you or I? I would think any higher and the age cutoff even with a waiver would be quickly approaching. Note: I like competition (who doesn't?) but don't like getting shmammered.

Dirty Diana

@Dirty Diana We are in this together."

I was hoping by leading of with a haha that you guys wouldn't think I was butt hurt. Raised in a Marine Corps family lesson one was was shit happens, don't complain, deal with it. My favorite thing about OCS is that we all already have our jobs and the only time we would compete would be the three PRTs. I can barley pushup but I'm a decent runner, if someone wants to run 7:00-7:30 for the mile and a half I'll lay the hammer down with them, then run back and help encourage you old guys.

My take on OCS is that it's our class vs. the candios, our class and the candios vs. the instructors, and all of us officer candidates and the instructors vs. the course and that's easy, we just have to run out the clock. I did some time (3.5 long years) in AFROTC and the sheer amount of bull shit motivation where you pretend to care about your classmates to stand out and get ranked higher by people who don't know what signing up for the military, especially and officer entails was painful, but luckily as you said OCS is not structured that way. My job is to get my side of the room squared away, then jump over the line and help my roommate, then we bust out and go to other classmates rooms until we are all ready to kick ass. I like teams. Teams make everything easier.

Less than a month away I'm getting pumped evidenced by my long rant. I'm ready to get some, start getting yelled at, and doing some yelling: "do work", "can do will do", "whatever it takes", one team one fight" all that jazz lol Been waiting too long

Whitefoot

None
My favorite thing about OCS is that we all already have our jobs

This is one thing that enticed me to join the Navy vice the CG OCS process.

if someone wants to run 7:00-7:30 for the mile and a half I'll lay the hammer down with them, then run back and help encourage you old guys.
Did you add the words "and a half" on accident? :-D

Less than a month away I'm getting pumped evidenced by my long rant.
I have been equally as pumped for a while. All we (my wife and I) have to get through first is a 4,200 Mile drive that starts on the day I swear into the Navy...through Canada...in February. Can't wait!

SykesT762

Ensign SNA
Consider me a little late to the party, but I'm checking in for 1 March. Age critical (graduate 5 days before my cutoff), so this is my one and only shot. Orders received and sworn in as of today. See you all in Newport!

Lancerr1

Consider me a little late to the party, but I'm checking in for 1 March. Age critical (graduate 5 days before my cutoff), so this is my one and only shot. Orders received and sworn in as of today. See you all in Newport!
Hey! Welcome to the class Sykes! Do you know when you'll be getting into Newport yet?