• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 APR 2015

Workingoutsidemyfield

How does this work... We graduate a holiday weekend which is basically a 4 day weekend. So can we go home on leave, especially if we are not classing up till a week and a half to 6 months after?

CashBrown

Checking in. I will be joining this class. I am so excited to finally get to this point, as I am sure we all are. I looked it up, and the graduation date for this class is July 3rd. That should make for one heck of a 4th of July weekend!

Where do you find graduation information?

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Out of curiosity I decided to look up what the weather was like in Newport for last year on the 12th of April. The low was 44, and the high was 58. That seems like some mild weather, probably more than warm enough to PT in the sand pit.

lenninscjay

Red-headed stepchild (MH-53)
Out of curiosity I decided to look up what the weather was like in Newport for last year on the 12th of April. The low was 44, and the high was 58. That seems like some mild weather, probably more than warm enough to PT in the sand pit.

It's true, the SUYA went away when they tore down old Nimitz and leveled all the terrain that it stood on this summer/fall. The only sand that is currently available for class teams to have fun with is the Rose Garden. I would say that they definitely make up for the lack of the SUYA... The Rose Garden gets plenty of visits. The Cookie Jar still exists but has been abandoned for some time. It was overgrown with grass and weeds the last I checked.
^Not sure how much this gouge is worth: Sand pit, no sand pit, rose garden... I'm sure they'll find ways to make us a miserable as possible given whatever they can find lol!

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
The sand gets secured over winter because of the cold & snow but if you get a Spring/Summer or even an early Fall OCS class then have fun! Come April the sand should be close to being unsecured again. Sand or not, they have many ways to make sure you have plenty of fun at OCS.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
The sand gets secured over winter because of the cold & snow but if you get a Spring/Summer or even an early Fall OCS class then have fun! Come April the sand should be close to being unsecured again. Sand or not, they have many ways to make sure you have plenty of fun at OCS.

Ha, nice avatar!! Left Shark is the better of the two!

dirtybidness

Pro Rec SNA
Hello all,

Pro-Rec SNA with class date 12 April 2015. Happy to see there is already a thread for us. Definitely looking forward to getting started with what has been a dream since I was a kid (like many of us I assume). I don't have a facebook but am stoked for the collaboration, hopefully one of you ladies or gents can fill me in on anything important going on there. Do feel free to PM for contact information and I'll do the same.