• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another "What are my Chances" question...

Deven Bolding

Good evening gentlemen, I just had a few quick questions regarding the ASTB:

I am currently am a Junior Finance major with a 3.3 GPA NROTC at Notre Dame looking to get a pilot slot. I recently took the ASTB and received a 7 AQR 8 on the PFAR and 6 on the FOFAR, what do y'all think my chances are for a slot considering the current needs and availability for next fall?

brownshoe

Contributor

I am currently am a Junior Finance major with a 3.3 GPA NROTC at Notre Dame looking to get a pilot slot. I recently took the ASTB and received a 7 AQR 8 on the PFAR and 6 on the FOFAR, what do y'all think my chances are for a slot considering the current needs and availability for next fall?

I've just researched all of the previous posts here on AW concerning this and I give you no more than a 42% chance (or 58% if you don't want jets). Hope this helps.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Your aviation LT at your NROTC unit would know. I don't know the competitiveness for aviation selection on the NROTC side, but those stats look fine to me.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If your question is "Do I need to retake the ASTB to be more competitive?", then no, your scores are fine for selection; you've exceeded the minimum required score.

If your question is "What are my chances...based on my score and my GPA", then do what RUFiO suggests, and contact your Aviation LT and your class advisor for input.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Don't let these guys mess with you. Our ready room was just looking at those numbers this morning. Aviation manning is a priority commitment for most squadrons. Based on your passing ASTB, your solid GPA, and your NROTC status you have a great shot.

The only people who have a better chance than you are smarter people with harder degrees, better GPAs, higher ASTB scores, and Academy guys.

Lately boards have been giving "bonus points" to guys with solid extracurricular leadership skills. Strive to become the Batallion CO if you really wanna boost your chances.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't let these guys mess with you. Our ready room was just looking at those numbers this morning. Aviation manning is a priority commitment for most squadrons. Based on your passing ASTB, your solid GPA, and your NROTC status you have a great shot.

The only people who have a better chance than you are smarter people with harder degrees, better GPAs, higher ASTB scores, and Academy guys.

Lately boards have been giving "bonus points" to guys with solid extracurricular leadership skills. Strive to become the Batallion CO if you really wanna boost your chances.

I know you are kidding about USNA guys getting a better chance, but just so the truth is out there: NROTC and USNA guys do not compete for billets. Both NROTC & USNA get their own billets.

You don't have to be the BNCO to get the required CO's recommendation or MIDN FITREP/Ranking. Being involved in the battalion will earn you those. I'll reiterate my point: SEE YOUR CLASS ADVISOR!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
image.png