• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

KnightFlight

Yep! and passed with flying colors :) ... I doubt my application has been submitted yet. I need to call my recruiter this week and see where he is with it. In fact, I'll do that right now...
Awesome!
Get that app in ASAP, that rolling board 90 - 120 days is Jan. 27th - Feb 26th :D

paulmkrueger

All non-priors on this thread: "Any news today? Okay, I'll ask tomorrow."
All prior enlisted on this thread: "Any news today? Okay I'll ask next month."
3sj0qk.jpg

JkFlGataXY

PROREC-Y SNA
Finally decided to join this forum. Coming out of Pensacola, FL.
SNA/SNFO applicant
24, Male, Non-Prior
University of West Florida, Fall 2014
B.A., Criminal Justice, GPA-3.24
Leadership: Founding President-Epsilon Sigma Alpha: Omega Psi chapter, Inaugural Junior Advisory Board Member-UWF Men's Empowerment Network, Member-Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Society, Member-Alpha Phi Sigma: Kappa Lambda chapter
ASTB-E: 58, 7/8/8
LORs: 1 Professor/Florida State Court of Appeals Judge, 5 job references including the National Flight Academy
Interview: XO (O-6; Pilot) Naval Aviation Schools Command

JkFlGataXY

PROREC-Y SNA
What's the depth perception test like at NAMI? Same as MEPS?

I also had mine done by NAMI (living in Pcola). It was pretty basic, never had to do anything MEPS. Dots and objects raised off the page is all they tested depth perception wise from my recollection.

KnightFlight

I also had mine done by NAMI (living in Pcola). It was pretty basic, never had to do anything MEPS. Dots and objects raised off the page is all they tested depth perception wise from my recollection.
Did you have to look through a machine and pick which circle looked "raised", or was it like looking at an actual book?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Finally decided to join this forum. Coming out of Pensacola, FL.
SNA/SNFO applicant
24, Male, Non-Prior
University of West Florida, Fall 2014
B.A., Criminal Justice, GPA-3.24
Leadership: Founding President-Epsilon Sigma Alpha: Omega Psi chapter, Inaugural Junior Advisory Board Member-UWF Men's Empowerment Network, Member-Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Society, Member-Alpha Phi Sigma: Kappa Lambda chapter
ASTB-E: 58, 7/8/8
LORs: 1 Professor/Florida State Court of Appeals Judge, 5 job references including the National Flight Academy
Interview: XO (O-6; Pilot) Naval Aviation Schools Command
Given the info/GPA/Test Scores/LORs cited above, your package appears to be very competitive.:)

With all your Greek Frat affiliations, how did you ever find time for attending classes?;)
NA Wings.gif
BzB

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
For the OCS (non active duty) applicants, an interview/appraisal isn't needed or even recommended when applying for Pilot/NFO/SWO. GPA/ASTB score continue to be the biggest factors. Remember, with so little time and so many applications, the board probably spends anywhere from 3-5 minutes going over your application. I've seen folks with poor ASTB scores/GPA but O-5/O-6+ interviews still not get selected.

exNavyOffRec

For the OCS (non active duty) applicants, an interview/appraisal isn't needed or even recommended when applying for Pilot/NFO/SWO. GPA/ASTB score continue to be the biggest factors. Remember, with so little time and so many applications, the board probably spends anywhere from 3-5 minutes going over your application. I've seen folks with poor ASTB scores/GPA but O-5/O-6+ interviews still not get selected.

+1

lliesemeyer

I've got a 58 7/6/7 and a 3.6 GPA (community college/furman university) combined with being a team captain of a division 1 sport but I think that my biggest strengths come from my motivational statement and letters of recommendation. If a board only takes 3-5 minutes on my application is it safe to assume that letters of rec and my motivational statement are things will be just briefly skimmed over and don't hold much if any weight?

JkFlGataXY

PROREC-Y SNA

They said I needed it for my RE Code Waiver. I did 4 years of college ROTC. Maybe that was why they had me get an interview. To include it as supplemental when the waiver was submitted.