• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do students in certain colleges have a higher chance of getting a nrotc scholarship?

swampertness

Like do students at Penn state or purdue have a higher chance of getting a nrotc scholarship than a person in the University of Washington

robav8r

None
Contributor
This is a stupid question with poor grammar. What & why are you asking ???

Reactions: RMP

swampertness

This is a stupid question with poor grammar. What & why are you asking ???
It's actually really simple.
I've heard that there's way more people who get nrotc scholarships at certain schools with a strong nrotc program. There's less students who receive nrotc scholarships at other colleges. I'm wondering if what I heard is true

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Navy allocates a different number of scholarships to different schools for a variety of reasons which have nothing to do with the supposed caliber of the NROTC program. Just apply to where you want to go to college and don't try to game the system.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Haha its true! No such thing as a smart University of Washington student. GO COUGS!

Reactions: RMP

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
It's actually really simple.
I've heard that there's way more people who get nrotc scholarships at certain schools with a strong nrotc program. There's less students who receive nrotc scholarships at other colleges. I'm wondering if what I heard is true
Like, totally.

What you heard is not true. Please ask another question.

524b45bde691b20c72c4428e_736.jpg

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as you're doing a legitimate major. I imagine the university of washington is highly regarded in the ROTC scholarship world. The only school specific detractor could be a weakly run ROTC department with demotivated supervision, but I don't think there's any way this could be a factor if you're enrolling next fall - ROTC departments typically turn over every 2 years or less.

UW has more medal of honor recipients than any other non-service academy school.