• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply LORs/Interview ?'s

NavyBrat2015

A bell curve average score of the OAR exam is around a 45, so a 51 is fairly solid. I would hold off retaking the exam and not risk getting a lower score for now. The OAR score is not weighted as heavily for supply boards than it would with SWOS or Aviation. Supply is truly a "whole person concept" board.

We just had a kid with a 3.04 GPA and 52 OAR score get picked up for the Nov Supply Board. Biology major.

Thank you, I am going to stick with my current OAR and see what happens. I am confident in it and my kit as well. I can't change what I have to overcome, but I know it is possible for me to get picked up. I'd rather not risk scoring lower either.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you, I am going to stick with my current OAR and see what happens. I am confident in it and my kit as well. I can't change what I have to overcome, but I know it is possible for me to get picked up. I'd rather not risk scoring lower either.

I think you are right to stick with what you have, if you aren't picked up it isn't going to be for the things you can change, you have a degree they look for, a top GPA, volunteer work, strong work history, and I am guessing a few other things that are at the same level. That is why I said put Supply 1st and SWO second because if Supply can't overlook those blips an OAR increase won't make them go away, but if your number one goal is to be an officer SWO can also get you there if Supply won't.

NavyBrat2015

I think you are right to stick with what you have, if you aren't picked up it isn't going to be for the things you can change, you have a degree they look for, a top GPA, volunteer work, strong work history, and I am guessing a few other things that are at the same level. That is why I said put Supply 1st and SWO second because if Supply can't overlook those blips an OAR increase won't make them go away, but if your number one goal is to be an officer SWO can also get you there if Supply won't.

My main goal is to become a Naval Officer, but I am really focused on Supply. Theoretically, if I was to apply for Supply and a couple other designators (other than SWO) and was not picked up, would I be able to submit a kit with SWO or would I still have to wait 6 months? I am still deciding on what I am going to do. I still have some time to think before I need to make a decision and have found it best to weigh my options.

exNavyOffRec

My main goal is to become a Naval Officer, but I am really focused on Supply. Theoretically, if I was to apply for Supply and a couple other designators (other than SWO) and was not picked up, would I be able to submit a kit with SWO or would I still have to wait 6 months? I am still deciding on what I am going to do. I still have some time to think before I need to make a decision and have found it best to weigh my options.

You could, but guys that were picked up for SWO recently could be waiting until next July or later to go to OCS, if that time wait holds then you could be looking at OCS in early 2016, if you want to be a USN officer and would prefer Supply then put it first and SWO second, if picked up for both then you will be processed for your first choice, if you are not picked for Supply but SWO then you will still be a USN officer and have cut your wait time.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You could, but guys that were picked up for SWO recently could be waiting until next July or later to go to OCS, if that time wait holds then you could be looking at OCS in early 2016, if you want to be a USN officer and would prefer Supply then put it first and SWO second, if picked up for both then you will be processed for your first choice, if you are not picked for Supply but SWO then you will still be a USN officer and have cut your wait time.

+1. Couldn't be more accurate.

NavyBrat2015

Wow, that is a long wait until OCS. I'd really like to be an officer in the Navy before my father retires (he is set to in early 2016). If I was not picked up on this next supply board, would it be worth it to try and apply again? I am thinking that if I am not picked up this time, chances are I wouldn't the next go around either. The only thing I may be able to change would be LORs or OAR.

exNavyOffRec

Wow, that is a long wait until OCS. I'd really like to be an officer in the Navy before my father retires (he is set to in early 2016). If I was not picked up on this next supply board, would it be worth it to try and apply again? I am thinking that if I am not picked up this time, chances are I wouldn't the next go around either. The only thing I may be able to change would be LORs or OAR.

realistically once a person is turned down by a community their chances go down on subsequent boards, the exception is aviation since they put so much weight on the ASTB, in your case you have such a strong academic background should they say no there really isn't anything you could do that would be drastic enough to make your application stand out on a subsequent board, an OAR change when you already have a good OAR isn't going to do much, and it looks like you have good LOR's as it is.

If they tell you no it is because of those 2 blips you have, and Supply unlike Pilot/NFO/SWO often have the same board members for several boards so the result would likely be the same.

NavyBrat2015

Honestly, whichever program you get selected for you likely won't be shipping out until the summer at the very earliest.

Yeah, judging by some of the others on here I figured that much. I'll just have to be optimistic and see what happens. I'm also getting a new OR come the first week of January, so I need to make sure they have all my documents and know where I stand.