• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2016 STA-21 Applicants

Leroy1Jenkins2AC3

Rate/Rank: Air Traffic Controlman
Applying for: Pilot Option
Evals:#1-P #2-MP
College: AC A school 21 college credit hours
High School: 3.46 (STEM Program, honors math and sciences, 4 Years NJROTC)
Leadership: HS: Class Cheif, Class Leader, Student Leader for Aerospaces Sciences)
Leadership: USN: Muster PO, Supply PO, Radar Supervisor: Flight Planning Supervisor
Awards: 1 LOA from the CO of VT-27, Outstanding NS4 cadet from TW-5
TIS: 1 year, 11 months
ACT:22 Math, 22 English; 44 Combined
ASTB:TBD
Warfare Quals: None
PRT: Sat, Sat, good (I am improving!)
LOR: none so far
Items for consideration: 2 aviation industry ratings, ATC and PPA.

Leroy1Jenkins2AC3

Rate/Rank: Air Traffic Controlman
Leadership: HS: Class Cheif, Class Leader, Student Leader for Aerospaces Sciences)
Leadership: USN: Muster PO, Supply PO, Radar Supervisor: Flight Planning Supervisor
Awards: 1 LOA from the CO of VT-27, Outstanding NS4 cadet from TW-5
Items for consideration: 2 aviation industry ratings, ATC and PPA.

Leroy1Jenkins2AC3

Rate/Rank: Air Traffic Controlman (AC3)
Awards: 1 LOA from the CO of VT-27, Outstanding NS4 cadet from TW-5, 1st NAM on the way!
Community Service: 12 hours contributing to $12,266 Dollars to Command, VMST- 33 Events
Items for consideration: 2 aviation industry ratings, ATC and PPA, currently studying Russian on the side.

BareIceBear

RATE/RANK: HM2 (FMF)
APPLYING FOR: Pilot (NFO?)
EVALS: MP -> EP -> EP -> P -> XX (March 2015)
COLLEGE: American Military University, BS Applied Mathematics (34 Credits) 3.8 GPA
HIGH SCHOOL: 2.7 GPA (I think, this was completed in Canada.)
BILLETS: LPO (previous command), CCC, CPC
AWARDS: JSAM, CAR, GCMx2, JSOQx1
TIS: 7 years
ACT: 29 Math/ 22 English (Oct 14)
ASTB: 5/5/5 49 (5 Nov 14)
PRT: Outstanding, Excellent, Excellent
LORs: None right now

First post! I'm debating between applying for Pilot or NFO option, the deciding factor will be my age. I'm 26 years old and will be 27 when the results come out, as you can see it's really close to the cut off of 29. Does anyone have any input about age waivers? Am I asking to much of the board to consider me solely on an age waiver?

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
No, one of the pilots selected last year was granted an age waiver I don't remember his age but it was around 26-27. Nothing is impossible. Good luck.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Rate/Rank: Air Traffic Controlman (AC3)
Awards: 1 LOA from the CO of VT-27, Outstanding NS4 cadet from TW-5, 1st NAM on the way!
Community Service: 12 hours contributing to $12,266 Dollars to Command, VMST- 33 Events
Items for consideration: 2 aviation industry ratings, ATC and PPA, currently studying Russian on the side.

You're not even eligible to apply until at least the last 3 of your PRT's are Good or above. Check back in a couple years...Stay tuned to this website because it can offer a lot of helpful information to you in your application. I wish you the best in your endeavors. In the mean time you should try and stomp out some collegiate math. Remember that all STA-21 selectees are required to complete Calculus 1 and 2 as well as Calculus based physics 1 and 2. Good luck!

Leroy1Jenkins2AC3

Sir, you say I am not eligible, however the website states this, "Must have passed the most recent PRT with a minimum overall score of "GOOD" or received a waiver. For applicants who received a waiver on the most recent PRT, the most recent observed score from the last three required PRT cycles (Spring & Fall from previous year, & Spring of application year) will be accepted. A grade of SATISFACTORY or FAILURE in the most recent two PRTs will make the applicant INELIGIBLE. If missing Spring cycle of application year, command should administer special PRT if needed, to meet this requirement." With this in mind, maybe I am reading it incorrectly but I should still be eligible based off of the first sentence?

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
A grade of SATISFACTORY or FAILURE in the most recent two PRTs will make the applicant INELIGIBLE.

You're not currently eligible...because of your SAT score on the previous PRT. Personally I wouldn't submit if I didn't have at least 3 Good's, but that's a personal recommendation.

"points will be awarded from the most recent observed score from the latest full test taken within a year of application"

That's from the STA-21 website. This means you are being graded by the board on your PRT results. This in mind it will adversely affect your package if you submit SAT/GOOD scores.
If I was you I would do the following

1) Start crunching out mathematics as much as possible.
I can tell you this...applicants who excel in math are selected.

2)Get in the most amazing physical shape of your life.
Dedicating yourself to this program should be a HUGE part of your life. I live and breathe this program.

I honestly wish you the best. I'm here for any advice or guidance you may need. Oh and I'm not a sir, I'm an ET1! =]

Cronk

RATE/RANK: AME3(AW) Stone, Thomas.(FTS)
APPLYING FOR: Pilot/NFO (age dependent)
EVALS: New to Old, MP(new check in), EP, EP, EP.
SMART: ALOT
COLLEGE: Central Piedmont Community College 68 credits. Ashford University 4 credits ( Do not go to that school)
HIGH SCHOOL: 2.5 GPA graduated a year early.
LEADERSHIP: CSADD President, Night Shift Supervisor for 5 years as E4. Wrote EAWS program for CFLSW WING, Rewrote squadron flight gear program. Countless volunteer hours.
AWARDS: 2 NAM, 1 GCM, 1 MOVSM, 1 Battle E, OSR. FY12 BJOY, FY12 CAP. LOC (BJOQ).
TIS: 5 years.
ACT: Awating Results, going to take it a few times tho. It can't hurt.
ASTB: Ordered today (10dec14)
WARFARE QUALS: EAWS
PRT: Good, Good, Good.
LORs: O-6 Office of the Secretary of Defense-Reserve Affairs.

This is one of the craziest programs I have read up on. I'm beyond excited to be having the opportunity to apply, and if I don't get picked up, there is always next year. Good luck to every one.

exNavyOffRec

RATE/RANK: AME3(AW) Stone, Thomas.(FTS)
APPLYING FOR: Pilot/NFO (age dependent)
EVALS: New to Old, MP(new check in), EP, EP, EP.
SMART: ALOT
COLLEGE: Central Piedmont Community College 68 credits. Ashford University 4 credits ( Do not go to that school)
HIGH SCHOOL: 2.5 GPA graduated a year early.
LEADERSHIP: CSADD President, Night Shift Supervisor for 5 years as E4. Wrote EAWS program for CFLSW WING, Rewrote squadron flight gear program. Countless volunteer hours.
AWARDS: 2 NAM, 1 GCM, 1 MOVSM, 1 Battle E, OSR. FY12 BJOY, FY12 CAP. LOC (BJOQ).
TIS: 5 years.
ACT: Awating Results, going to take it a few times tho. It can't hurt.
ASTB: Ordered today (10dec14)
WARFARE QUALS: EAWS
PRT: Good, Good, Good.
LORs: O-6 Office of the Secretary of Defense-Reserve Affairs.

This is one of the craziest programs I have read up on. I'm beyond excited to be having the opportunity to apply, and if I don't get picked up, there is always next year. Good luck to every one.

What is your college GPA, your HS GPA is low so hopefully your college GPA shows a great student. I am one who did not do well in HS but great in college.

Cronk

College is a 3.5. Im also enrolled in Fort Hayes University where my gpa is just under a 3.8, so I'm showing progression and I hope that shows the board a lot. I also hope todo stellar on my ASTB, due to the fact that I have been around aviation my whole life, have 1 or 2 flight hours under my belt, and I'm not terrible at Math.

jbc5741

Long time lurker, First time poster...

RATE/RANK: AWR2
APPLYING FOR: Pilot
EVALS: P - EP
JST: Alot
COLLEGE: Past - Rochester Institute of Technology, Mathematics, 36 hours, 2.5 GPA
Current - National University, Math, (Currently Enrolled) 4.5 hours, 4.0 GPA
HIGH SCHOOL: 3.3 GPA
LEADERSHIP: Aviation Rescue Swimmer School Assisstant Class Leader, AW 'A' School Class Leader and Schoolhouse Leader, AWR Fleet Replacement Class Leader. HSM-75 ACFL. County Soccer club Defensive captain.
AWARDS: Various LOA's
TIS: 2.5 years
SAT: 1320 (This was in 2009 and I'm scheduled to take it again in Jan 2015.
ASTB: TBD
WARFARE QUALS: NAWS/EAWS
PRT: Excellent, Excellent, Outstanding
LORs: Navy O-5, Civillian retired chief, Current Soccer Club manager. (more to come.)

So my weakest spot is obviously that nasty 2.5. But I addressed that in my Personal Statement and I'm not ashamed of it. I believe I'm showing progress and more maturity in my academics and I'm confident in my ability to express this to the board.

Any elite advice from the old salts on here?

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Long time lurker, First time poster...

RATE/RANK: AWR2
APPLYING FOR: Pilot
EVALS: P - EP
JST: Alot
COLLEGE: Past - Rochester Institute of Technology, Mathematics, 36 hours, 2.5 GPA
Current - National University, Math, (Currently Enrolled) 4.5 hours, 4.0 GPA
HIGH SCHOOL: 3.3 GPA
LEADERSHIP: Aviation Rescue Swimmer School Assisstant Class Leader, AW 'A' School Class Leader and Schoolhouse Leader, AWR Fleet Replacement Class Leader. HSM-75 ACFL. County Soccer club Defensive captain.
AWARDS: Various LOA's
TIS: 2.5 years
SAT: 1320 (This was in 2009 and I'm scheduled to take it again in Jan 2015.
ASTB: TBD
WARFARE QUALS: NAWS/EAWS
PRT: Excellent, Excellent, Outstanding
LORs: Navy O-5, Civillian retired chief, Current Soccer Club manager. (more to come.)

So my weakest spot is obviously that nasty 2.5. But I addressed that in my Personal Statement and I'm not ashamed of it. I believe I'm showing progress and more maturity in my academics and I'm confident in my ability to express this to the board.

Any elite advice from the old salts on here?

Never give up man! Persistence pays off! Kill the mathematics classes and the SAT. Build a network of senior officers who want you commissioned as bad as you want the commission. Knowing people in the community you wish to be in helps. Sell your name and your passion. Exude excellence in all you do. Above all don't give up. You can do it!

Happy holidays to all!