• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a roommate in San Diego

eddieoctane

I know it's a longshot to find a place through here, but I thought I'd give it a go.

I redesignated from SNA to SWO and am headed to SD in early January. I'd prefer somewhere around Mission Valley, but I'm not terribly particular. House or apartment is fine. The only major thing is that it have some sort of covered parking or garage to keep my motorcycle out of the weather.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
..The only major thing is that it have some sort of covered parking or garage to keep my motorcycle out of the weather.

"Weather"? You've obviously never lived in San Diego.

You'll need a garage, but to protect your ride from the Tijuana car thieves, not rain.

From personal experience, though, I can say your chances of maintaining your sanity as a Shoe are much better in SD than anywhere else.

Being convenient to the Trolley is a big plus, so look for that. It'll take you to 32nd St, though you'd still have a good walk to the piers. Even if that's not how you commute, it helps when you want to go downtown for drinking, Padres games, people-watch at Comic-Con, etc.

Last edited:

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I have to agree with Villanelle. If you are a single guy/gal don't go to Mission Valley. Find someplace closer to downtown and live it up.

eddieoctane

The sun can wear surprisingly hard on seats and such. Wasn't even thinking about the crime thing, thanks for reminding me about that. As far as Mission Valley, I was suggested that place by a few people I know already in SD.

Sonog

pilot
Downtown all the way. 10-15 minute commute to work, 1-5 minute walk to fun. Most apartments come with garage parking.

cem118

From personal experience, though, I can say your chances of maintaining your sanity as a Shoe are much better in SD than anywhere else.

Just curious, why do you say this? Other than SD being overall awesome, is there something that makes it particularly good for SWOs?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just curious, why do you say this? Other than SD being overall awesome, is there something that makes it particularly good for SWOs?

Mostly the overall awesomeness.

I'd leave my ship at the end of another ball-busting day, drive home to PB...it's sunny and 72, it'll probably be sunny and 72 again tomorrow, there's gorgeous women all over, and when I get home I'm mere steps from insanely good Mexican food and a cold Pacifico. Downtown's fun and there's lots to do in general. It's SoCal but without the entitled arrogance of LA; a Navy town but doesn't wear it on its sleeve (like Norfolk).

It's expensive, and the freeway traffic's kinda bananas at rush hours. There is a bit of a crime problem but mostly it's property crimes (car theft especially, what with all the chop shops just across the border) instead of violent crimes. Other than that...

It's just impossible to hate life there, no matter how much the Shoes try.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Downtown is great, but MV is nice too. I lived in MV and it was very easy to get to where the action was. There are great places to party in every neighborhood and getting around SD is relatively painless. As long as you steer clear of the crime prone areas, it's hard to go wrong in SD.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Hey I'm looking for someone to find a place with in Pacific Beach. Trying to find a short lease (3 months preferably). Fair warning, its going to seem like I don't have a job.