• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January/February 2015 SNA/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

In case anyone was wondering...

I am rescheduled for another physical...

got there at 6am left at 11:30. (Was supposed to be just measurements, sitting down, standing, weight, arm length, all that)

After my measurements I waited 2 hours before they told me to go to lab and get a test done....then they told me the doc would be with me shortly after the blood test.

I told them I was told by my HM1 that I already had a physical for a pre-commissioning and that I don't need another one.
They basically told me my recruiter and HM1 were clueless when it comes to aviation, and an aviation physical is a totally separate physical that you must need before even being considered into the aviation program.

So here I am waiting for my turn to see the doc (apparently the only one in the building). They have me wait for another couple hours before they said, oh your red blood count is low, we can't see you today.

Hell, this place is cursed.

are you AD? if not where did you go for your physical?

exNavyOffRec

Not active duty,
I just went to where I was told, Norfolk Naval base.

That is the problem, there is a process for those on AD/reserve and a process for those that are civilian, the military doc was not correct as he doesn't understand the process for civilians, you get a basic enlistment physical, that info goes to N3M that determines if you are qualified to enter the USN, the flight physical happens after you go to OCS, your OR would be better off sending you to MEPS.

slater44

None
That is the problem, there is a process for those on AD/reserve and a process for those that are civilian...

Sir, I'm not sure if you will be able to answer this question, but everyone I've asked hasn't been sure, from my CCC, the Fleet OCS processor to the Flight Surgeon who's doing my physical. I am AD, and I will have a waiver (PRK, broken pinky finger) that has to clear NAMI to be PQ for aviation. That being said, do I need to wait for the waiver to clear to submit my application? The flight doc seemed to think I can submit without the waiver having cleared, as does the Fleet OCS processor. OPNAV 1420.1b offers no further guidance, nor does the fleet checklist - all the instruction stipulates for flight applicants are anthropometric measurements, depth perception, and a "standard physical eye surgery statement." I do not know if this statement is referring to a waiver. Again, I know I will need a waiver before I can begin flight school, this is for OCS application purposes only.

Do you know if I can submit for the upcoming board without a waiver having cleared NAMI, or do I have to have waiver "in hand" to apply to OCS? Thank you in advance for any guidance you might have on this sir.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Sir, I'm not sure if you will be able to answer this question, but everyone I've asked hasn't been sure, from my CCC, the Fleet OCS processor to the Flight Surgeon who's doing my physical. I am AD, and I will have a waiver (PRK, broken pinky finger) that has to clear NAMI to be PQ for aviation. That being said, do I need to wait for the waiver to clear to submit my application? The flight doc seemed to think I can submit without the waiver having cleared, as does the Fleet OCS processor. OPNAV 1420.1b offers no further guidance, nor does the fleet checklist - all the instruction stipulates for flight applicants are anthropometric measurements, depth perception, and a "standard physical eye surgery statement." I do not know if this statement is referring to a waiver. Again, I know I will need a waiver before I can begin flight school, this is for OCS application purposes only.

Do you know if I can submit for the upcoming board without a waiver having cleared NAMI, or do I have to have waiver "in hand" to apply to OCS? Thank you in advance for any guidance you might have on this sir.

An N3M letter/medical clearance is required in order to submit your application. To remove any confusion, you don't get a NAMI physical until showing up at OCS. The physical you're getting right now is a commissioning physical for officer programs.

slater44

None
An N3M letter/medical clearance is required in order to submit your application. To remove any confusion, you don't get a NAMI physical until showing up at OCS. The physical you're getting right now is a commissioning physical for officer programs.

This applies to AD applicants as well? That is the most succinct instruction I've heard regarding medical req's!

KnightFlight

Hello everyone. Figured I'd take a break from finals to check into this thread. Here's a bit of my info:

Senior at Iowa State University
Major: Materials Engineering
Current GPA: 3.89
ASTB: 73 9/9/9

My recruiter said we can submit as soon as I get a transcript with my grades from this semester, which will be around mid-January, so I should hopefully make this board.
Good luck everybody!
Great scores. My only beef is you chose Materials Engineering over Civil Engineering...:cool:
Haha
Hello, you are going for Pilot! Aerospace all the way! :D

KnightFlight

In case anyone was wondering...

I am rescheduled for another physical...

got there at 6am left at 11:30. (Was supposed to be just measurements, sitting down, standing, weight, arm length, all that)

After my measurements I waited 2 hours before they told me to go to lab and get a test done....then they told me the doc would be with me shortly after the blood test.

I told them I was told by my HM1 that I already had a physical for a pre-commissioning and that I don't need another one.
They basically told me my recruiter and HM1 were clueless when it comes to aviation, and an aviation physical is a totally separate physical that you must need before even being considered into the aviation program.

So here I am waiting for my turn to see the doc (apparently the only one in the building). They have me wait for another couple hours before they said, oh your red blood count is low, we can't see you today.

Hell, this place is cursed.
I'm sorry I even mentioned it :oops:. My OR took all of my anthropometric measurements sitting in a chair at my local NRD, not at MEPS.

mz247

That is the problem, there is a process for those on AD/reserve and a process for those that are civilian, the military doc was not correct as he doesn't understand the process for civilians, you get a basic enlistment physical, that info goes to N3M that determines if you are qualified to enter the USN, the flight physical happens after you go to OCS, your OR would be better off sending you to MEPS.

Well it couldn't possibly hurt having both right?

mhunter

None
What are people putting as second or third choices? Can we put our packet together for only one selection???
I'm doing both NFO and SWO. My vision isn't even close to being good enough for SNA. I also put in for Intel which will meet in March, but I'm not putting much stock in it after seeing the last selection rate for that. I put three because, like others have said, I want to be a naval officer. There are some jobs I'd like over others, but I want to up my chances of getting in over all.

mz247

I put in SNA/NFO/Intel

Hoping my degrees will help my Intel if the other two don't work.
Sadly Intel I've read is more difficult to get into.