• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Online Courses

rob00000

I know this topic has been beat to death here but I could use some advice. Is it true that none of the Navy nonresident courses will count anymore toward retirement points? NONE?

I spoke to the IRR counselor today and she told me only the courses on that approved list at the IRR homepage will count towards retirement. We looked at them together & she said there appears to be no Navy nonresident courses listed.

I saw courses for Canadian Forces College? Huh? Two of those are worth 103 points each but it looks like they are for officers only. I see one worth 86 that I think enlisted can take. I'm not sure.

Are the U.S. Navy War College courses only for officers? The Army War college has a lot of courses worth 36 points which I would like to do. Are those for enlisted Navy? I think they are.

I only have 2 years to go till retirement and need my 230 points. Any advice on how best to get those points?

Thanks.....

subreservist

Your answer is covered in the "Correspondence Course" thread. Short answer is that they are not on the list yet but may be on the next update (TBD).

rotorhead1871

UH-1N.....NAS Agana, Guam....circa 1975
pilot
get your courses in!!........retirement is great........paid every month....and TRICARE keeps the health care costs down.....you will be so happy you did.

GOOD LUCK!!