• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22 MAR 2015

Jacob G.

Hey guys,
Didn't see a thread up for this class yet; figured I'd start one.

Just got word from my OR that I'm slated for the 22 MAR class, expecting a copy of my FINSEL tomorrow.

Who's with me?!

InJustTime

Ex-City Slicker
Hey! My OR gave me the heads up that I'll be in the 22 MAR class according to CIRIMS. Unclear when my FINSEL gets in, but I'm excited!
Haven't seen many...actually any 22 MAR class people except for you @Jacob G.

Jacob G.

I know...this class seems eerily quiet.
3r84tv.jpg

(still haven't received FINSEL btw.)

Jacob G.

Welcome aboard!
I'm kind of stoked about this date; gives us a good bit of time to prepare and relax through the holidays.
Also, my B-day is 19 MAR...enough time for a few last minute brews ;) and doesn't allow the DI's to somehow inevitably screw with me if I was a Birthday Poopie.

My OR mentioned something about his processor dealing with my travel "including plane tickets"; anyone else know how the heck this all works? Do they pay for travel or what?

InJustTime

Ex-City Slicker
Welcome!
Indeed, enough time to work off the inevitable feasts of dinner and deserts...and get my 2 mile run time under 17 minutes.

Sorry, I'm on the east coast and only about a 4 hour drive from Newport so my OR hasn't stipulated any travel arrangements to me. My best guess based on the wording on the OCS site (http://www.ocs.navy.mil/travel_check_in.asp) is that you have to arrange and pay for your own flight, but the Navy will reimburse you after you arrive and submit the proper receipts/proof of travel.

Jacob G.

Yeah, I'm kind of lost right now with where to focus on training between running for speed and for distance. I've just been doing a mix of 4mi runs and 1.5mi runs, along with a bunch of different calisthenics (we will be doing endless amounts of those in OCS). I'm coming from South Florida, so I'm hoping the change in temp/humidity up there doesn't completely screw me up.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Checking in fellas (and ladies?). Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.