• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

iFly14

pilot
Gentlemen thanks for the response. @RUFiO181 I would appreciate any help in this matter. I will call my OR tomorrow and ask to hold off on submission of my packet. I don't want to miss the Feb board, but I would rather not miss out on Pilot if i don't have to.

Again sir, thank you.

Reactions: HTR

exNavyOffRec

Gentlemen thanks for the response. @RUFiO181 I would appreciate any help in this matter. I will call my OR tomorrow and ask to hold off on submission of my packet. I don't want to miss the Feb board, but I would rather not miss out on Pilot if i don't have to.

Again sir, thank you.

Given your stats that we can see I would bet money on your being able to get a pro Y for SNA, a lot of money :)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Again sir, thank you.

I'd ask your OR to double check or simply show some kind of proof/documentation about the waiver. He or she might be correct. At my NRD, even if we're at 100% goal for a certain program, we still submit kits unless told otherwise by a higher authority.

iFly14

pilot
Gentlemen, I appreciate all the help. I believe we have the issue resolved. I am now being told by my OR, that the waiver is the best option. Before he had told me that he was told not to try the waiver. Now I am told that we should do the waiver, and if the waiver doesn't work they may pass me off to another NRD who is currently holding a pilot slot for me.

exNavyOffRec

Gentlemen, I appreciate all the help. I believe we have the issue resolved. I am now being told by my OR, that the waiver is the best option. Before he had told me that he was told not to try the waiver. Now I am told that we should do the waiver, and if the waiver doesn't work they may pass me off to another NRD who is currently holding a pilot slot for me.

Your OR is either feeding you a line of s**t or he is being jerked around by his COC, each NRD has goals, but once they meet those goals they are not restricted from putting in those applications, there is no such thing has "holding a pilot slot", NRD STL probably hasn't met all their "wickets" so they are trying to push you where they need you, they obviously don't have your best interest at heart so I would now have doubts about everything you are being told. I rarely say this but with your scores if you want to be a pilot I would only submit for SNA.

If you are close to another NRD I might start working with them, I only say this because of their history, and it isn't good.

KMC1020

Ok, so this whole SWO news is bumming me out since I haven't even submitted my application yet! I'm seriously still waiting on my pap smear results and my OR is saying my physical is going to expire. It took me 2 months to get a physical so obviously with the board being in Feb. I can't exactly wait another 2 months. With my current situation I'm wondering if there's another designation I could try for. How do I find out what I qualify for? My OR honestly hasn't been much help. I know my score sucks, but I would definitely study and retake to improve my score.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Word around the scuttlebutt says Pilot is at 100% for this board, so they are picking up NFO... But it is just that for now. Scuttlebutt.
If this is indeed fact, what exactly does 100% for this board mean? They have enough pilots for FY15?

exNavyOffRec

Ok, so this whole SWO news is bumming me out since I haven't even submitted my application yet! I'm seriously still waiting on my pap smear results and my OR is saying my physical is going to expire. It took me 2 months to get a physical so obviously with the board being in Feb. I can't exactly wait another 2 months. With my current situation I'm wondering if there's another designation I could try for. How do I find out what I qualify for? My OR honestly hasn't been much help. I know my score sucks, but I would definitely study and retake to improve my score.

It takes 2 years for a physical to expire, if you are not cleared through MEPS after a specific time you have to do an "inspect physical" which is just HT and WT and change of status, it is easy.

you would still need to be cleared through N3M for medical before submitting for any designators.

KMC1020

Yeah I thought that was weird. I was like what in the hell would change in 1 month? So with the number of people they'll be selecting so low, is there a way to find out what else I qualify for in case I don't get selected? I'd like to have another choice on my application if possible

exNavyOffRec

If this is indeed fact, what exactly does 100% for this board mean? They have enough pilots for FY15?

RUFIO is on top of the info and status, if there was any truth to this like there was SWO he would have put out that info, again, he is in direct communication with NRC and in the post when he was talking about SWO he had said he was talking to NRC and rec'd a status on a variety of programs.

also the person that put posted the info about pilot is I believe in an area covered by NRD STL and they have been proven time and time again to jerk around their people.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah I thought that was weird. I was like what in the hell would change in 1 month? So with the number of people they'll be selecting so low, is there a way to find out what else I qualify for in case I don't get selected? I'd like to have another choice on my application if possible

There is "qualified" and "competitive", many are qualified by the PA to submit applications, but are they competitive, no.

If you have a tech degree then you have many options, if not then your best bet is Pilot/NFO/SWO.

KMC1020

Nope, definitely not a tech degree. Well I think I need to have a long phone call with my OR tomorrow.

KMC1020

Oh yeah definitely. I was just apprehensive about only submitting for that with numbers so low. Plus my score sucks and I have an education degree. I'm not sure the odds are in my favor.

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
All this talk about NRD St Louis jerking people around, makes me realize I wasn't the only one. They missed the deadline for supply for my packet, and I never got told about the last swo board. At least my stuff has been sent up and just waiting a board now.