• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A few questions

nickruns

I am a newbie to the site so here is a quick rundown: graduated in May with my degree in History (3.69), studied abroad, work done in US Senate and House, life-long runner (3:05 marathon). Right now my careers are listed at pilot, SWO, NFO, and Intel.

I have a couple questions, and apologize in advance for my ignorance. First, do annual PRTs factor into flight school class order or into higher up promotions? I have been working out for about 8 months now but my pushups aren't getting much higher than 75. Second, I have heard some selection boards are picky about where you list their neighboring career, will the pilot board care if I list NFO as 3rd or even 4th? Third, I have heard mixed things about if nuclear SWOs are the CO/XO of carriers or if they have to be pilots (I'm not eligible for Nuke SWO because I didn't take physics). Fourth, I haven't taken a math or engineering class in about four years, is the ATSB an indicator test that I can learn information or a test to ensure that I know basic concepts?

All responses are appreciated. Thank you.

LET73

1) PRTs generally don't matter, as long as you pass. Some programs (e.g., SPECWAR/SPECWAR support) want you to have good PRT scores, but in terms of promotion, the only thing that matters is that you're within standards. 2) Can't speak for the aviation side, but Intel and SWO are picky about where you rank them, and probably won't consider you if you don't rank them first or second. 3) Carrier COs/XOs are aviators. (Trust me, you aren't missing out on anything anyway by not going surface nuke. They're the most unhappy people I've ever met in the Navy.) 4) It's a test about basic concepts. It's pretty much SAT-level math, plus some spatial reasoning stuff.

Whitefoot

None
I am a newbie to the site so here is a quick rundown: graduated in May with my degree in History (3.69), studied abroad, work done in US Senate and House, life-long runner (3:05 marathon). Right now my careers are listed at pilot, SWO, NFO, and Intel.

I have a couple questions, and apologize in advance for my ignorance. First, do annual PRTs factor into flight school class order or into higher up promotions? I have been working out for about 8 months now but my pushups aren't getting much higher than 75. Second, I have heard some selection boards are picky about where you list their neighboring career, will the pilot board care if I list NFO as 3rd or even 4th? Third, I have heard mixed things about if nuclear SWOs are the CO/XO of carriers or if they have to be pilots (I'm not eligible for Nuke SWO because I didn't take physics). Fourth, I haven't taken a math or engineering class in about four years, is the ATSB an indicator test that I can learn information or a test to ensure that I know basic concepts?

All responses are appreciated. Thank you.
Have you searched the forms at all yet for some of these answers? I feel like they have been asked and answered a few times.
As for your ASTB questionm (an entire forum devoted to that on this site) I never took engineering and haven't taken a math class in over 6 years and I was selected for NFO with my scores. Go do some hunting. I promise you it will be worth your time.