• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

slater44

None
Oddball question: I am looking into purchasing some boot socks in black before I go up there and wanted to know if you guys think any there any type of brand name socks that are the best (so far thorlo and fox river seem to have really good reviews), whether or not they should be mid-calf/over-calf, etc...? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Darn Tough Socks are the best in the business, hands down.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
are we allowed to bring electric razors to OCS? or are they issued "bic" razors?

A few people there had an electric razor. The only shaving utensils I remember they said were contraband was a safety razor and straight razor. Boy did I miss shaving with my safety razor for the past 12 weeks...

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Hey! @Dangy Welcome back! How'd it go?

Thank you @Bronco! OCS was a blast, I enjoyed pretty everything after week 1. PT was the bane of my existence for the first few weeks, until I started pushing myself beyond all measure. Our class was extremely fortunate, in terms of class team and weather. Get through week 1, and get excited for all the evolutions, and success will come!

Spartan695

Thank you @Bronco! OCS was a blast, I enjoyed pretty everything after week 1. PT was the bane of my existence for the first few weeks, until I started pushing myself beyond all measure. Our class was extremely fortunate, in terms of class team and weather. Get through week 1, and get excited for all the evolutions, and success will come!
Did you double up on your supplies or did you just keep your stuff clean for RLP? I'd love to carry less crap to OCS if I can just clean the standard issue items...Thanks for any recommendations in advance, and congratulations on this milestone victory!

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Did you double up on your supplies or did you just keep your stuff clean for RLP? I'd love to carry less crap to OCS if I can just clean the standard issue items...Thanks for any recommendations in advance, and congratulations on this milestone victory!

There's plenty of stuff in Nimitz Hall that you can use to clean your hatch with and you will have access to the NEX at least once. I did purchase extra sets of PT gear at the uniform shop and brought another pair of running from home for RLP, but looking back it was probably unnecessary. The staff knows your stuff is going to be used and don't want you to spend $200+ on cleaning supplies. The NEX pretty much have most things you would find at a local CVS/Walgreens. A tube of toothpaste along with a can of shaving cream will last you 12 weeks.

jakejake527

There's plenty of stuff in Nimitz Hall that you can use to clean your hatch with and you will have access to the NEX at least once. I did purchase extra sets of PT gear at the uniform shop and brought another pair of running from home for RLP, but looking back it was probably unnecessary. The staff knows your stuff is going to be used and don't want you to spend $200+ on cleaning supplies. The NEX pretty much have most things you would find at a local CVS/Walgreens. A tube of toothpaste along with a can of shaving cream will last you 12 weeks.
other than running shoes.....are there any items that you/others wished that you should have brought before showing up to OCS?

I'm planning on bringing as little as I can to OCS accept running shoes (I have wide feet with very low arches)

thanks

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
What was hard about the PT?