• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cell Phones and salutes

jmcquate

Contributor
Pure curiosity. Cell phone weren't around (well maybe some Gordon Gecko brick phones) the last time I ever saluted someone. What are the regs about saluting while talking on a cell phone?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
or more simply, avoid having phone calls in public places while covered. I don't really care if others do this, or don't, or whatever. But like many things, it is a way to just avoid an awkward situation. I'm sure someone will relate a story about how they walk to work uphill both ways in the snow or something and how that isn't feasible, so yes, I'm sure this isn't the answer for everyone.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you really just way too important to be untethered for whatever time you're walking somewhere outside and covered, get a BT headset. They're authorized in uniform now. Looks dorky, but saluting with your phone on your face looks worse.

Otherwise, what Swanee said.

chuckk

Directly from NPC:

- When not being worn on the uniform and in use, communication devices will be placed at the side of the leg and in appropriate hand when rendering salutes, greetings and other military courtesies/honors.

- The use of an earpiece, blue tooth technology, headsets or hands-free device while in uniform indoors or outdoors is prohibited unless specifically authorized for the execution of official duties (e.g. NSW, security personnel, detailers, etc.).

Able Dog

Directly from NPC:

- When not being worn on the uniform and in use, communication devices will be placed at the side of the leg and in appropriate hand when rendering salutes, greetings and other military courtesies/honors.

- The use of an earpiece, blue tooth technology, headsets or hands-free device while in uniform indoors or outdoors is prohibited unless specifically authorized for the execution of official duties (e.g. NSW, security personnel, detailers, etc.).
What a novel idea, to actually look up the pertinent instruction.:)