• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board Meeting on 6 OCT

Bluecore

Heads up. It's looking like all the quick turnaround is for the SNA applicants. I take it they are scarce so they have no problem finding them classes. Plenty of us SWO recruits though. Continue to expect spring time class dates, ladies and gents

Privately, that was my thought, but I thought it was a bit presumptuous of me to say so. Heck, I don't know a damn thing about their methods :p It does make sense though. The aviation pipeline seems to be the Navy's top priority, judging by the discussions I've read on these boards.

TCooke

Is TCooke a special case or should we all expect that type of turn around?
I'm a she :p but....
I'm not age crit.
I just reenlisted for 6 years.
I had a full flight physical done, and my clearance was just updated.

The only possibility is my PRD was this month, but from what I am told that doesn't even play into the mix.

@JamesDStrunk
Your an AD HM too right? I called the OCS processors to make sure that my N3M letter was done and I was PQ. When I did thats when I was told that my FINSEL was signed and emailed to the CO. The next day I had the letter and contract in hand. You might have a similar turn around if your physical was good to go!

JamesDStrunk

Are you talking about Mr. Williams? Last i talked to him was last week I think, something about my letter was being routed to the community manager for a signature. I haven't heard a peep from my CO/CCC people regarding a completed FINSEL though.

TCooke

Are you talking about Mr. Williams? Last i talked to him was last week I think, something about my letter was being routed to the community manager for a signature. I haven't heard a peep from my CO/CCC people regarding a completed FINSEL though.

I talked to a female. I only called them once so I don't remember her name. I wouldn't be surprised if you were in the same class as me since yours has been routed for signature. I've been checking the CANTRAC and there are still about 85 seats left for 8FEB.

JamesDStrunk

I'm kind of hoping not. With the way everyone around here talks I was already mentally prepared to wait about ~6 months in Hawai'i with almost no responsibilities. I think I'm actually going to be kind of sad if they stick me in that soon.

TCooke

I prepared myself to leave around March/April. I was shocked when I found out when I was leaving... But I'll be glad to get it done!

otejay

I'm kind of hoping not. With the way everyone around here talks I was already mentally prepared to wait about ~6 months in Hawai'i with almost no responsibilities. I think I'm actually going to be kind of sad if they stick me in that soon.

If you want to stick around in Hawaii for a little longer, I would have no problem taking your spot :)

exNavyOffRec

I talked to a female. I only called them once so I don't remember her name. I wouldn't be surprised if you were in the same class as me since yours has been routed for signature. I've been checking the CANTRAC and there are still about 85 seats left for 8FEB.

you can't go by what CANTRAC says, it often isn't kept up to date since a person isn't put into the system for that spot until after they swear in, like I have said before, CANTRAC shown there were seats but we would look at the excel document NRC would send out and the classes would be full.

cmamzic

Hey cmamzic here, long time listener first time caller, just wanted to check in and see if anyone else has gotten their FINSEL yet. Common question I know but I wanted to know how everyone else was doing.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
FWIW: Recent email correspondence with my OR.

ME: "Monday check in, sir. Couple questions, just curious:
1. Are we still looking at a FINSEL this month, or did I read correctly that SWO ship quotas are down?
2. Will the Navy just want me out 3 months before my 31st birthday—in other words when do I become age critical (I know I’m not now)?"

OR:
"Still looking to get your FINSEL this month. Wherever you read SWO *shipping* quotas are down is wrong. SWO *selection* quota has almost been met, shipping and selection are two separate things.

The Navy granted your waiver for age, end of story. I'm not sure where you're getting 31 was age critical. Since you're prior enlisted, a lot of rules do not apply to you."

Bluecore

FWIW: Recent email correspondence with my OR.

ME: "Monday check in, sir. Couple questions, just curious:
1. Are we still looking at a FINSEL this month, or did I read correctly that SWO ship quotas are down?
2. Will the Navy just want me out 3 months before my 31st birthday—in other words when do I become age critical (I know I’m not now)?"

OR:
"Still looking to get your FINSEL this month. Wherever you read SWO *shipping* quotas are down is wrong. SWO *selection* quota has almost been met, shipping and selection are two separate things.

The Navy granted your waiver for age, end of story. I'm not sure where you're getting 31 was age critical. Since you're prior enlisted, a lot of rules do not apply to you."

I am pretty sure I have seen @RUFiO181 say that he has personal contact with someone very very high in NRC, which is how he gets his information. Your recruiter may not know about the information he has shared with us, or may never be told? I don't know.