• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Boards and scores

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am curious if I have a chance to get picked up for supply with a Master of Science in Exercise Science and Health Promotion (3.875 GPA) and a
Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies (3.944 GPA).

I have lots of volunteer work, I am CPR/AED certified, and I am also a personal trainer and a yoga instructor.
Not impossible... but, your MS & BA majors are unrelated to Supply/Business. In addition, Supply is extremely competitive, with many more qualified applicants than slots.

You might want to check out commissioning opportunities in the Medical Service Corps (MSC), which seems more relevant to your MS major & CPR/AED Certs, etc.
My OAR was only a 42 though.
You appear to be aware that this score is problematic for any field. Recommend a good study program, then retake the OAR. Most retakes result in significantly improved scores, as you should be more aware of what to expect' Good luck!:)

[EDIT] The above applies also to the Intel field. Most of the few Intel slots go to very experienced prior Enlisted from that field.
BzB

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I am curious if I have a chance to get picked up for supply with a Master of Science in Exercise Science and Health Promotion (3.875 GPA) and a
Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies (3.944 GPA).

I have lots of volunteer work, I am CPR/AED certified, and I am also a personal trainer and a yoga instructor.

My OAR was only a 42 though.

A plus is your high GPA's, but as BzB said it is unrelated to anything Supply.

CPR/AED certified is not a big deal, I have seen entire divisions get qualified, I am sure you have other things that are much better to list.

jakejake527

Not impossible... but, your MS & BA majors are unrelated to Supply/Business. In addition, Supply is extremely competitive, with many more qualified applicants than slots.

You might want to check out commissioning opportunities in the Medical Service Corps (MSC), which seems more relevant to your MS major & CPR/AED Certs, etc.

You appear to be aware that this score is problematic for any field. Recommend a good study program, then retake the OAR. Most retakes result in significantly improved scores, as you should be more aware of what to expect' Good luck!:)

[EDIT] The above applies also to the Intel field. Most of the few Intel slots go to very experienced prior Enlisted from that field.
BzB
I borrowed multiple books from public libraries and took every single practice test and answered every problem. Focus on problems that you get wrong. I also took multiple practice ASTB tests at public libraries (free).

I found this website a long time ago that helped me prepare for OAR.
http://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/search.php?page=1&search=astb

there are some mistakes...and if you spot the mistakes then you are ready....

If you are intimidated or scared of taking the test (not confident)....then you're still not ready

Last edited:

jakejake527

Improve your OAR

Get really good appraisals from people with titles. O-5's / O-6's / CEO / Vice-President / etc...

Write a motivational statement that include words like "accountability, ethics, adaptability, integrity, team-player, etc...".

Explain how "honor, courage, commitment" means to your daily life growing up and how the Navy's values have always been a part of you.

Put it all together and explain what you can do for the Navy (not what the Navy can do for you)

GOOD LUCK

Last edited:

NavyBrat2015

Alright everybody, I just got back from taking my OAR today and scored 51 respectively. I must add that was off of one day of studying for 3+ hours and then sporadic at times for 10 minutes here and 10 there. I also took it on my birthday and I am happy with my score considering I studied so little. I am currently pursuing a BSBA Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Business Management. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA and intend to keep it that way (expected graduation is April, 2015). My work experience for the last 4 years has been as a Warehouse Lead and Inventory Lead. By the way, I am 22 as of today. I have 3 strong letters of recommendation (1 From Supervisor, 1 From Coworker, 1 From Physics Professor). I also have a little volunteer experience (Habitat for Humanity & Susan G. Komen). Any suggestions on how to make myself more competitive for Supply? Supply is my first choice, behind that is Intel and then SWO.

jmeff

Any suggestions on how to make myself more competitive for Supply? Supply is my first choice, behind that is Intel and then SWO.

First, just let me say that people don't check this Supply forum very often. You would have much more luck posting in the Navy OCS forum on this website. Second, the latest news is that SWO won't even look at you if you put it as your last choice.

Look around at some of the Supply threads on the Navy OCS forum on this site and look at the stats of other people who are applying for Supply and you can get some idea of what most people have when they apply. You are on track with your GPA and major. I think most people will tell you that your OAR is competitive for Supply but you need to confirm that with someone else (I'm still bitter that I only scored a 60). Good luck!

Last edited:

paulmkrueger

First, just let me say that people don't check this Supply forum very often. You would have much more luck posting in the Navy OCS forum on this website. Second, the latest news is that SWO won't even look at you if you put it as your last choice.

Look around at some of the Supply threads on the Navy OCS forum on this site and look at the stats of other people who are applying for Supply and you can get some idea of what most people have when they apply. You are on track with your GPA and major. I think most people will tell you that your OAR is competitive for Supply but you need to confirm that with someone else (I'm still bitter that I only scored a 60). Good luck!
Fact. I put in for SWO as my last choice and didn't even get considered. Now it's my first. Hopefully Supply doesn't have the same policy :-/

jakejake527

You better know which job you are best qualified for. what job you want is secondary

unless you have a stunning background/qualifications that they can't refuse for the job you want

NavyBrat2015

Thanks for the info! I hope I am competitive for Supply, that is what I believe I am most qualified for and what I would like to do. I have looked around and it seems as if I would have a good shot. Maybe some others will chime in and give their .02. I may change my third designator from SWO since they may not even give me a look.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the info! I hope I am competitive for Supply, that is what I believe I am most qualified for and what I would like to do. I have looked around and it seems as if I would have a good shot. Maybe some others will chime in and give their .02. I may change my third designator from SWO since they may not even give me a look.

It appears now that any third choice is not really looked at unless it is aviation.

L.Stewart

Hello everyone!

I took the OAR this morning and scored a 43. I will most likely take it again, but I wanted to see what my chances would be with this score to get into Supply.

Non-prior, 29 yr old female
BBA in marketing and in finance
GPA 3.01
LOR will include my past 3 jobs, a retired Lieutenant Colonel who was also one of my professors
I have started 2 nonprofits as well but I'm not sure if that helps me. I was also on the executive board of a student organization in college.

Thanks for any advice!