• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
My BOL hasn't been updated since October 30th.

I just got my full PQW letter today, so my CO should be getting my orders in 2-3 days. At least that's what it said in the email I got.

I am age critical, so I need to be in the December or January class.

I am on leave for the next two weeks, but luckily I can check my official email from home. I have pretty much stopped checking BOL for changes at this point. Somebody else told me that there are no further updates that happen.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Has anyone else AD been getting stuffed kicked back? I've had to submit my 2808 2 times already.
Yeah, apparently my blocks 24 and the foot exam weren't entered, so I had to go back and get additional notes on them. The letter I got from the medical folks at NRC said the exam was good for two years, so the AF doctor took that as me not needing an entirely new exam.
I'm also unsure as to why the OCS checklist states that a 2808 is only good for one year when the letter from NRC said it would be good for two.

priorguy

Does anyone know what the most-recent SWO board to get FinSels or OCS dates has been?
It's hard to say because there have been some SWOs who've received "circumstantial" FINSELs as of late. I checked into previous class dates to get an idea as to when the bulk of the SWOs have received FINSELs but I wasn't able to find anything conclusive. However, I also looked into if FINSEL for SWOs were disseminated at around this time last year, which they were (yet, I'm a skeptic when it comes to inductive reasoning). What I'm trying to say is, "who the f knows?"

I went into my recruiters office last week to try and get some answers. The LT claims she has no idea what's going on... All she could say is that I'm waiting for the Program Manager to sign my FINSEL. I've also called the OCS help desk, who claimed the same thing.

What I don't understand is why has the Navy been conducting rolling boards for SWO if there is no intention to send applicants to OCS?

exNavyOffRec

It's hard to say because there have been some SWOs who've received "circumstantial" FINSELs as of late. I checked into previous class dates to get an idea as to when the bulk of the SWOs have received FINSELs but I wasn't able to find anything conclusive. However, I also looked into if FINSEL for SWOs were disseminated at around this time last year, which they were (yet, I'm a skeptic when it comes to inductive reasoning). What I'm trying to say is, "who the f knows?"

I went into my recruiters office last week to try and get some answers. The LT claims she has no idea what's going on... All she could say is that I'm waiting for the Program Manager to sign my FINSEL. I've also called the OCS help desk, who claimed the same thing.

What I don't understand is why has the Navy been conducting rolling boards for SWO if there is no intention to send applicants to OCS?

The normal time has usually been 3-4 months, but there have been times that has not been the case, I have seen people wait much much longer and NRC had no control over it, people get redesignated and that changes how many they need and when, and because of NUPOC it is not unusual to see the late Jan and late Jun classes filled with nukes, not to mention anyone that is age critical will try and be pushed in to the classes first.

priorguy

Yes, I did hear that when I was applying. Yet, unfortunately, I was "told" NLT November (shame on me for trusting word of mouth). November made sense because school lets out in May, giving the Navy about 5-6 OCS classes to fill those spots. Giving that the average size of an OCS class is around 90, I think - that's about 450 - 540 possible students plus those waiting from other boards. Now, it's going on 8 classes since I was PRO REC'd, making that about 720 people.

This was a little unsettling converting the numbers - thank God I have Jim Gaffigan playing in the background!

exNavyOffRec

Yes, I did hear that when I was applying. Yet, unfortunately, I was "told" NLT November (shame on me for trusting word of mouth). November made sense because school lets out in May, giving the Navy about 5-6 OCS classes to fill those spots. Giving that the average size of an OCS class is around 90, I think - that's about 450 - 540 possible students plus those waiting from other boards. Now, it's going on 8 classes since I was PRO REC'd, making that about 720 people.

This was a little unsettling converting the numbers - thank God I have Jim Gaffigan playing in the background!

I have seen the size of OCS classes vary from 50-100 depending on what is going on at the time, but it is more than just getting people to OCS, they look at follow on classes that are needed, some designators have more set timelines, others do not, a good rule of thumb is look at people who are getting FS letters that are the same designator as you, don't look at other designators since they have different factors than you.

otejay

I have seen the size of OCS classes vary from 50-100 depending on what is going on at the time, but it is more than just getting people to OCS, they look at follow on classes that are needed, some designators have more set timelines, others do not, a good rule of thumb is look at people who are getting FS letters that are the same designator as you, don't look at other designators since they have different factors than you.

There was at least one that I know of from the 6 Oct SWO board, tcooke. I know he was active duty, which might've made a difference.

priorguy

The only SWO applicants I've seen get FINSELs are circumstantial, i.e. active duty, age critical, ect...

We just had this huge snow storm here in Buffalo, so that's been keeping me pretty busy - hopefully some good news will follow.

otejay

But I want to be one of the earlier letters, not the later letters! Watching everyone get their FinSel letters so quickly has me on the edge of my seat! I've got to relax before the holidays get here and this isn't helping.

Which board were you?