• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Video Thread...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You know I have never seen a video of a C-2 pilot bringing it aboard the boat. I have sat in the cockpit for hundreds of traps in the S-3. It seemed like the C-2 pilot was working the yoke pretty good. I don't recall that type of control movement in the Viking unless it was an auto throttle approach in challenging conditions. Maybe it was just the fact it was the first time I saw a guy use yoke controls and me relating it to how much less I am moving the same controls in a typical MD80 landing.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What was the flight control waggle on the first Hornet? One last BIT before launch or just the pilot wiping everything out?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Flight control wipeout. You can see the greenshirt by the nosewheel haul ass after the cat takes tension, then the nozzles close when he goes to MIL. Salute, see ya.

brownshoe

Contributor
These kids don't get paid enough.
I worked the decks of the Indy and the Lex... I don't remember the decks being so roomy.;) And as far as pay... well I'd have paid them for my 'adventure of a lifetime' (don't tell on me though they might want my pay back). Met and worked with some wonderful people too (BzB get well, Ron I just tried calling and the line was busy.)